Regis Philbin retiring at end of summer

dragonflies

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Its a syndicated show, so thankfully he has no authority to do that... so many longtime telvision icons are retiring. Larry King, Oprah, Regis, Bob Barker a few years back. End of an era for sure. I've always enjoyed Regis. He will be a big pair of shoes to fill.

• Members

You know who impressed me as Kelly's guest co-host? Jerry O'Connell. I was shocked that I actually liked him. I think if he lived in NY and didn't have that primetime show, he would be a contender.

I don't think Mark will be the permanent co-host for the same reasons Joy was never in the running to replace Kathie Lee. I'm not sure what exactly those reasons are, but you just never know with married couples, it could get ugly if they separate.

I think it will be fun watching guest co-hosts come in over the next few months to test with Kelly. I remember when Kelly was testing for the part and I was rooting for her to get the job because of being such a huge fan of Hayley and All My Children.

• Members

Exactly, I know all of us AMC fans felt so ahead of the game when she was hired, we knew her "when". I really think it all goes back to her appearance on Rosie, she got such great positive feedback from people who'd never heard of her, she was a great guest. And exactly about the Joy/Mark thing, I like Joy but always missed Kathie Lee when she pinch hit which is really kinda saying something, I guess KL had a "so bad it's good" quality where Joy could be a little boring unless she was really giving Regis the business for dumb [!@#$%^&*] he'd done the night before. :lol:

• Members

I used to watch the show religiously every day after Kelly joined for her but boy did that man annoy me. I can watch bc of him bc he's so arrogant and full of himself with that big ego of his. The show is much more tolerable when Kelly has a special guest

• Members

They need an old kooky man to take Regis' place. Even though I don't watch, they need some elderly gentleman figure on television. I could see it happening with a Cameron Mathison or a Mario Lopez, but two youngsters (i.e. under 40) just wouldn't have that old-school charm. Not *everything* on TV needs to be for that so-called target demographic.

Archived