DAYS: Actress Out?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The following tweet from Peter says he's been away from the set for awhile & is back now for a few days. Was he mistaken in saying that Shelley is leaving or did he really come to set and find that out (along with the Hapka news)? I can't tell. I won't be that sad or surprised if Shelley leaves!!

• Members

I noticed on his twitter page the Dalai Lama is someone he follows. It is so bizarre that the DL is on twitter.

Anyway, about Stephanie...She never really caught on since she first came to town as a race car driving red head. It will be a shame to see her go though because the Bradys could stand some new members. I wonder if this has bad implications for the continuing Kayla presence.

• Members

Honestly, they need to bring the redhead daredevil race car driver back. Shelley Hennig has never worked in the role. She's there to be Interchangeable Young Female Lead #3 and does just that and nothing else. That's not Patch and Kayla's kid - the original model with Shayna Rose was, despite a dumb storyline.

• Members

Wasn't it Shelley who was brought in so they could make Stephanie a bimbo who got aroused after the disastrous Nathan held her head underwater and tried to drown her?

I don't think the character has ever worked from that time on.

• Members

That wasn't Nathan, that was Jeremy Horton who tried to drown her.

I think Shelley has gained her footing ever since they stopped trying to portray her as some weak ill minded bimbo. Stories such as Stephanie's kidnapping, and the current one where Stephanie has schemed to keep Melanie and Nate apart has given Shelley a chance to truly display her acting talents. The scenes where Stephanie's lies and manipulations came to light was SH's shining moment.

• Members

I liked Shayna Rose she was different looking with the red hair and had ambitions as the race car driver but yeah the Chelsea/Max/Stephanie thing was borderline incestuous.

Hennig came in with the horrific Touch the Skies tale being in love with the ambiguously gay duo that was Jeremy and Jett. She seemed more like Hogan Sheffer's choice of actress being a slutty brunette and of course in true Hogan fashion he had her raped.

I guess Stephanie is a character on Days I could either take or leave. I liked her and Phillip together and have enjoyed her in the recently DNA switch story but I don't think Hennig's leaving would be a big loss

• Members

I think they brought her on to be more conventionally pretty.

I didn't mind the story where the evil gardener locked her up in the morgue and then sort of fell for her. I forget, was he one of Stefano's minions?

I also thought the sorority house rapist story had some interesting moments but that was more Chelsea. Touched The Sky...the less said the better.

• Members

Yep Owen was a hired informant for the DiMera's. He was a Gardener at the Kiriakis mansion and fed info to Stefano. I loved when he locked Stephanie up in that morgue and became obsessed with her! I thought aside from Shelley's recent work on DAYS that was some of her best work on the show working with him.

I also loved the Theta sorority S/L but mainly cause of Morgan Hollingworth. I loved Chelsea/Max/Stephanie/Morgan.

• Members

From Nadia's Twitter:

Some chick asking if Shelley was let go.

Nadia: "Not that I know of."

Nadia wasn't on set today though so who knows.

Oh and Shayna Rose was simply awful. Those scenes where Steve & Kayla are in the hospital and Shayna is crying out, just awful.

Archived