January 3-7, 2011

Toups

• Members
I'll be very interested to see if their audience grows between now and the Fall. The show had a really slow start, but they are beginning to inch up. If the show gains viewers, I'm going to wonder if Moonves will demand the show be moved to an earlier timeslot.

And, at least from what I've been reading online, the tide is turning for the show. Alot of people were moved by their Tucson AZ shows this week(skipping the political rhetoric and blame game The View is doing). Some fans(or at least the two or three I've seen on random boards) have started giving the show a second chance and have watched more frequently.

So do you think the show's numbers will drop? Or do you think they'll rise? I mean, let's be real: CBS is gonna give this at least five years(unless Julie Chen and Les Moonves file for divorce).

Eric Braeden appears on The Talk today, but he's also a friend of Moonves. I agree with you that I wished they would do more with their daytime lineup as The View did in the early days. But The Talk also tapes in Los Angeles, which puts them at a major advantage in terms of getting these C/D list guests that they feel would pull in better numbers than soapstars.

Thanks Lskreet/marceline.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Does anyone have online viewing counts (from official sources, like ABC site and Hulu)? I think that's where the 18-34's are going. If they have stuck with soaps this long they aren't just going to quit in droves. Online is how I'm watching.

AMC's relative success on Monday and Tuesday suggests there was strength in the Erica/Caleb story, in the Kendall-shot-David twist, and in the "Inside the Light"-style Monday episode focusing on Erica's fears, pressures, and aspirations.

• Members

No she's not.

bellcurve, if the show has a good panel and is a viable alternative to other programs out there (so far it seems to be settling in as a viable alternative to The View, and is also a viable alternative to the male-dominated soaps of today), I think the ratings will increase. Not to some big level but a slow and steady increase.

Archived