Y&R: Genoa City Serial Killer!!!!

• Members

I can't take credit for this but I found this idea posted somewhere else by a very seemingly talented poster. I was very impressed with it and I thought it had a very EDGE OF NIGHT vibe to it too. It goes like this: We begin during February sweeps at the height of Daisy going into labor. Genoa City is plagued with a snowstorm and the electricity goes out throughout the Wisconsin metropolis. Daisy has received various threats from Chloe, Kevin, Jana, Michael, Lauren, Phyllis, and Daniel, and flashes back on her confrontations with her enemies as she holds her newborn daughter, Danielle Romalotti. After the infant girl is returned to the nursery, a mysterious figure creeps into Daisy's hospital room viciously stabbing the villainess to death. Evidence leads Ronan to pursue Lauren when she is unable to recollect where she was at the time of the murder. Ryder returns to town and vows to make the Baldwin/Fisher clan pay for Daisy's death. Things become twisted, however, after Phyllis uncovers that Ryder is really Danielle's biological father! Turns out, Ryder and Daisy are not siblings, and Ryder revealed the truth to Daisy while on the run leading to a brief sexual encounter. Ryder then stuns Phyllis by revealing he is HER half-brother born out of wedlock when their mother had an affair with Tom Fisher. Big Red is floored and rushes to tell Michael her newly-discovered half-brother may have framed Lauren, but stumbles down the stairs at the GCAC. Sadly, Phyllis awakens unable to remember her and Ryder's confrontation. Lauren's trial begins as the DA and Michael face off in court. Jill surprisingly stands by Lauren as the latter agrees to let Vance consult on the case. Romantic sparks fly between Jill and Vance while Lauren and Michael start to drift apart. Heather starts cozying up to her colleague leading to a one-night stand after the attorneys spend a drunken evening together. When Michael wakes up, Heather is lying there murdered similar to Daisy. Michael immediately calls the police where he is forced to admit to sleeping with Heather. Ronan insists a serial killer is on the loose in GC and begins investigating. Meanwhile, Phyllis informs Daniel that Danielle is not really his child, but the young artist urges Big Red not to expose the truth--he has grown attached to the child a'la him and Danny. Surprisingly, Vance has Lauren acquitted and the DA's office moves forward with pursuing Daniel for Daisy's murder and Michael for Heather's. Lauren, meanwhile, files for divorce and leaves GC with Fen in tow. Ronan digs up the secret that Phyllis and Ryder have the same mother, and goes to confront Ryder behind Jimmy's Bar. The detective is shocked to find Ryder's dead body. Paul grows into a dark depression vowing to avenge his daughter, so he approaches Victor about paying off judges in Michael's trial. Gloria comes to Jack with the same proposition and both parties meet with Judge Contessa Yarbrough (Brenda Dickson in a guest starring role), a powerful Wisconsin arbiter. Billy is fascinated by Contessa and offers to feature her in a Restless Style article. During a photoshoot where Chloe, Malcolm, Sofia, Billy, Victoria, and Phyllis are present, Contessa is brutally electrocuted while Victoria comes up missing. Billy and Ronan later locate the missing Newman heiress locked away in a freezer. Victor uses his influence to have Michael and Daniel freed when the authorities realize a serial killer is terrorizing GC. Malcolm becomes intrigued when he analyzes his negatives of Contessa's photoshoot uncovering the killer's identity. Sadly, Malcolm's luck runs out as his corpse is found hanging at RS. The Winters family grieve his death and are floored by a letter where Malcolm confesses that he murdered Daisy, Ryder, Heather, and Contessa. Across town, Phyllis and Daniel decide to visit Danny in LA so they can introduce him to Danielle. When they arrive at the musician's beach house, Phyllis and Daniel are told that Danny disappeared months ago, and the LAPD are investigating. Daniel then spots his father, but Phyllis tells him he's mistaken. Danny follows them back to GC where he stalks Phyllis. The Newmans, Abbotts, and Chancellors unite to uncover the killer refusing to believe Malcolm is the culprit and reflect on their various enemies: (Nikki-Rick Daros, Veronica Landers), (Victor-Chet, Mari Jo Mason), (Jack-Patty Williams), (Ashley-Leanna Love, Rick Bladeson), (Jill-Sven), (Katherine-Suzanne Lynch, Clint Raddison), (Victoria-Gary Dawson, Tricia Dennison), (Nick-Matt Clark), (Sharon-Grace Turner, Cameron Kirsten). Victor and Jack decide to throw a gala to smoke out the GC serial killer at the Newman ranch. Hijinks ensue as Lauren returns to reconcile with Michael and remarks to Jack and Ashley how she spotted Traci at the airport. Danny then corners Phyllis at the party where he tells her about meeting an unstable Traci in New York who admitted to wanting revenge against Victor for Colleen's death. Jack contacts Steve Connolly, who reveals he and Traci are separated. Victoria retreats to the stables where Reed runs into her arms. The young boy tearfully informs his mother that JT and Mac abandoned him as Traci appears out of the shadows. Traci recollects murdering Colleen's former love, blaming him partly for not saving Colleen. She then takes Victoria captive wanting to murder Victor's daughter in front of her young son. Victor, Paul, Cane, Billy, Nikki, Jill, Ashley, Jack, Neil, Sofia, Katherine, Murphy, Lily, Chloe, Nina, Nick, Phyllis, Sharon, Michael, Devon, Noah, Jana, and Kevin coverage onto the scene where the Abbotts attempted to calm their deranged sister. Traci shoots at the crowd and wounds Sharon and Cane. Victor and Traci, continuing to hold Victoria at gunpoint, face off ending in the three plummeting off of the hayloft as Nick is sadly informed that Sharon has fallen into a coma. One gripe that I had with this was that there weren't enough characters being killed off. Also, at first, I wondered why Traci would kill individuals who she really didn't even know. But then I thought, in real life, serial killers often kill at random and it's often people they don't know. So this would be an honest depiction of a serial killer rather than the kind we usually see on soaps. For the most part, I loved this because of the twists and turns. It appeared that Traci had also murdered JT but there was no reference to Mac's fate. I thought this person did a good job with this.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm sorry. You had me until the Traci [!@#$%^&*]. I was all for Daisy heather and malcolm bein murdered. I was ok with the phyllis and ryder connection and lauren and michael breaking up.

However traci as a serial killer is completely ridiculous. First of all why is it everyone thinks traci can only be brought on for more tragedy? Why can't she be brought on for a love story?

I would be happy with the brenda dixon cameo tho! I love her! But no. Traci as a serial killer is ludacris.

• Members

If Traci kills:

Billy

Victoria

Daisy

Kevin

Cane

Lily

Malcolm

Victor

Nick

Adam

Tucker

then it's a mercy kill, and a parade must be thrown in her honor.

What is her motivation?

"This is for Colleen, my sweet baby girl."

"But Traci...why?"

"I don't know. It just is!"

• Members

Hey it wasn't my idea! LOL! I, myself, would've preferred Traci not being the culprit but I still liked this poster's creativity. But isn't that sometimes the surprise of soaps? The nicest people can sometimes turn out to be holy terrors? I still give a thumbs up to this storyline idea.

• Members

This story is a completely disjointed wreck! I sincerely hope you didn't dream it up yourself vanguardian.

Not to toot my own horn, but I thought my Kevin as a serial killer (joke) storyline last week was ingenious compared to this. Here's a repost of it:

• Members

Oh I know it wasn't yours.

But I'm just 100 percent against them doing this to Traci. There's just no way. If one of the Abbott children has to be a murderer, the most believeable would be Billy.

Victoria walks out on him, realizing he is nothing bu a womanizer after all. Billy goes mad and kills all the women he hooked up with, trying to prove to Victoria that he only loves her.

Have Ashley off Victor. and Adam. And take that little ho Sharon too, for letting Adam back into her life.

Have Jack slit Victor's throat. Then have him proceed to kill Heather too. For no reason other than that she is Heather.

LOL, I kid, I kid. But Traci as a serial killer? Nope.

Archived