Y&R Renewed

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's from Nellie Andreeva, a Bulgarian journalist who previously worked for The Hollywood Reporter, not Nikki. Though it's kind of the same. :P

I'm waiting for the comments below the article, though I'm not sure if anything juicy will pop out.

• Members

It's a mixed bag for me. On the plus side, I'm happy to see this trend of soap renewals.

BUT, a 3 year straightforward (per the article) pickup gives this team even more ability to write and do whatever the hell they want. And you just KNOW all the egos over there feel completely validated by this.

Looking forward to quotes from them coming out in the soap media. I doubt they'll be as humble & sincere as Ken Corday was. (did I just say that? :lol: )

• Members

Yes, you DID just say that. And you know what? You're right, their comments won't be anywhere near as humble or sincere as Ken Corday's were.

I feel exactly the same way. Very mixed bag. Happy that a soap got renewed generally, happy that the likelihood of Jess Walton having a job increased ever so slightly...but with the state Y&R is in...it's just a hodgepodge of total fuckery.

• Members

The show won't get any better unless they fire Rauch and Sheffer at the very least. Even by Sheffer standards this show has a vile, crass, made up as it goes along feel.

I know that won't happen, because of the numbers, and something tells me even if the numbers do go down there won't be replacements, but I hate seeing them piss on the last of what made Y&R special.

Archived