Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Sometimes I wonder why they didn't just cancel the show after losing so many actors and just create a spin-off with selected characters like Lorie, Kay, Jill, etc. That would have given them a fresh start while leaving things open for original cast members from the core families to pop in.

• Members

It was Paul who found her. I'm surprised after all the trauma of being raped, being in love with a married man, kidnapped by a cult, breaking off an engagement to Steve Williams, that Peggy did not become an alcoholic. That may have given some meaty storyline to Pamela Peters in 1980-82. Maybe with Peggy drinking she becomes a bit of a bad girl and goes out to the Bayou etc...

• Members

I found this summary of an episode on IMDB dated February 26, 1979. They list Pamela Peters as Peggy, but I read Patricia Everly was Peggy in 79. 

Casey remembers that her father molested her as a child. Leslie names her son Brooks Lucas Prentiss. Vanessa plans to travel to Switzerland but wants Lance to go so he will realise the baby's been born and that the baby is his, not Lucas'. Lorie continues to try and lure Lance to a warm climate vacation. Nikki and Casey's father is scheming for the $10,000 which Nikki inherited from her mother. Peggy loves her work at the newspaper. Jill admits to Derek she still loves him but plans to make her marriage to Stuart work.

• Members

What an interesting take on her character, that could have been really juicy for her to tackle and it could have definitely added more of a presence to her.

Does anyone know how long the bayou was apart of the show i assumed from 81-83 if im wrong im sure someone will correct me.

• Members

I think the Bayou did last till 1983. Roy who worked there was a guest at Nikki's wedding in 1984. 

I agree about Peggy. I wish Bell had done more with her instead of letting her linger and disappear into oblivion. I don't think she made into to 1982. 

• Members

I'm really enjoying seeing glimpses of Charlie the Butler at the Newman Ranch. He had been mentioned so much but not seen that I wondered if he was an actual character. I wish the show had let us get to know him better, as they eventually did with Esther.

Does anyone know the Charlie actor's name?

• Members

One thing I noticed about Nikki’s party at the ranch is how naturally Lorie fits in with everyone there! It’s so amazing to finally see her interact with Katherine and the cattiness between the 3 women is Hysterical! JLB really could fit in with the new Y&R if she had wanted to stay on. 

I wish so many Jill/John and the Abbott scenes weren't edited out.

• Members

Had Victor/Lorie become the end game couple, would Bill Bell still have placed Victor in the Abbott's orbit and created the eternal quadrangle and eternal feud? Lorie strikes me as too smart to fall for playboy Jack, but I could see a Lorie/Victor/Ashley triangle unfold. Lorie being threatened by Victor spending time with a young, beautiful business associate.

• Members

You mean Leroy ? I didn't notice him at the wedding. I should have watched more carefully.

I had a look on the openings with so many old goodies appearing lately. This is what I got :

version 1: 1973 – early 1976

> Chris & Snapper / Stuart & Jennifer / Brad / Liz, Jill & Greg

version 2 : 1976 - late 1977 ?

> Brad & Leslie / Chris / Snapper (Hasselhoff) / Lorie / Brock / Liz & Jill / Peggy, Jennifer & Stuart

version 3 : late 1977 or early 1978 - 1979

> Brad & Leslie (Mallory) / Chris / Snapper / Lorie / Brock / Liz & Jill / Kay, Stuart & Lance

version 4: around 1979-1981

> Lorie, Leslie & Stuart / Lance & Lucas / Liz / Kay, Brock & Derek / Snapper & Greg

version 5: 1981 ? -August 1982

> Leslie & Lorie / Lance (Cole) & Lucas / Stuart & Liz / Snapper & Chris / Nikki & Victor / Paul & Patty

version 6: August 1982 - 1983 (with the clips on the vault, we can see the opening change)

> Leslie & Robert / Kay, Nikki & Kevin / John & Jill / Paul, Andy & Danny / Jack & Patty / Carl & Mary / Stuart & Liz

version 7: 1983

> same as above with Leslie & Robert removed at the beginning

version 8: Late 1983 or early 1984 (before February) - 1985. 

Starting with this version, they rotate 3 different openings

> 1 : Jack & John / Jill / Eric & Dina / Ashley / Traci / Amy / Gina / Lauren / Danny

> 2: Paul / Mary / Carl / Patty / Frank / Diane / Andy

> 3: Nikki / Victor / Julia / Kevin / Allison / Liz / Kay

version 9: Late 1985 - ... 

> Lauren / Paul / Mary / JoAnna / Andy / Carol / Danny

> Nikki / Victor / Matt / ?? / Jazz / Amy / Frank / ?? (only saw it once in a very bad quality so didn't identify two

Please register in order to view this content

)

> John & Jack / Ashley / Traci / Brad / Mamie / Jill / Kay

I stopped at 1985. If some have information that could fill in, I would love to hear.

Edited by FrenchFan