Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Victoria Rowell was so, so good. Never ever phoned it in, even when the material was lacking.

I’d love to see Dru roughing up Carmen in the break room again. Every now and then it pops up but gets taken down. “You don’t give a good kitty about my son, right?”

• Members

Here's some 1988 episodes I've been meaning to upload for a while... enjoy!

October 10, 1988 

September 27, 1988 (last two segments missing)

October 11, 1988

October 12, 1988

October 13, 1988

October 14, 1988

October 17, 1988

October 18, 1988

Edited by BoldRestless

• Members

@BoldRestless Thankyou so much for sharing. I think the episodes are actually from late September, I have only watched one, but the first episode posted is definitely from Sep 27, 1988, it has a promo for Mayflower Madam. Mayflower Madam (which originally aired in 1987) was rebroadcast that night.

From watching more eps, it seems to jump to October, so I think the other dates are correct.

Edited by will81

• Members

I always kind of felt bad for Diane, who got the short end of the stick there towards the end of '97 and early '98. A very married Nikki telling Victor to get a vasectomy when both Nick and Victoria had happily accepted  Diane and even Jack gave them his blessing and was sympathetic enough to give Victor marital advice(!) yet Diane was later thrown under the bus for being the crazy one. Also felt bad for Hope, who was written as being so repulsed by Victor & Diane's marriage that she won her battle with Ashley and dragged Kurt Costner back with her to Kansas so she wouldn't go back alone. Not one of Y&R's finest moments @YRfan23

Susan Walters just wasn't Donnelly, but I did like Diane vs. Phyllis as well during the arson and later Kyle custody story. Unfortunately after Diane bailed out Jabot in 2003/04 with her divorce settlement money from Victor she just fizzled out. Thanks a lot Jack Smith! 

Goodness @BoldRestless Thank you! Both you and @YRfan23 are always a real blessing!!!!

• Members

It's hard to really say as I would have to see a lot more of those later 90's episodes. but I do think Diane had every right to be furious with Victor and the Newmans. I'm sure at the time it would have been frustrating to watch her constantly go under the bus, even with the writing being better and allowing the viewers to see "both sides" of the coins....but I feel like Diane never truly won the battle, even if it gave us lots of entertaining scenes with Nikki. 
The Hope/Kurt/Ashley stuff just sounds bizarre....I had no idea it ended like that. It's still a mystery they even bought Kurt back a few years ago, without really acknowledging his past connections to the show. 

I'm excited to watch these 1988 eps!

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I forgot to address the Brad equation @ironlion @YRfan23 haha weren't Victoria and Nikki interested in him at the same time in the fall of 1999? It made sense that Nikki was interested when he came back since he had left town right after their aborted 1996 wedding and had been accused of shooting Victor. HT Victoria was actually intriguing with Brad, I wonder if Thudley had that in mind when he paired Bill and Katie on B&B a decade later. 

Edited by soapfan770

• Members

Thanks for posting these @BoldRestless.  It's so easy to fall back into viewing these classic episodes!  Somehow I had forgotten that Brad used to work for Lauren at Fenmore's. Of course, I can't forget crazy Lisa!  So now, I remember how Leanna Love ended up married to Victor. That candid conversation between Paul and Lauren is the type of dialogue that has been sorely missed from Y&R for about a decade now.

I'll have to pick up with the rest of these episodes tomorrow and throughout the weekend but such interesting material to watch that I'm tempted to keep going but I should get some sleep, lol.

• Members

Excited to see these 1988 episodes!!

I'd like to see both Diamont and Tom back on Y&R today. I liked the Brad & Nikki storyline aswell as his friends with benefits dynamic with Lauren in the early 90s. (Im still mad over how they played Scott Sr. though. He didnt deserve that). As for Diamont on B&B,  I cannot stand Bill Spencer. Lol, he's often so poorly written at times.

I do agree that Diane's anger was extreemly justified. She basically broke off her engagement to Jack for Victor, only for Victor to return to Nikki (which didn't last). 

Edited by ironlion

• Members

Actually, he did, given he gave into temptation with Sheila in the first place. Scott was always going to be #3 for Lauren after Paul and Brad of course, and the fact she was pretty much trapped into a loveless marriage with Scott just to gain some of custody for her biological son I just had to feel for Lauren being stuck with some fake goody two shoes guy who was wrong for her. It was an interesting twist Bell did for the story, whereas most other soaps would have had Scott and Lauren happily reunite like nothing happened until their next speed bump whereas Lauren had completely moved on. 

I absolutely adorned AD's Diane from in 1997-99, she had such a regal presence that remains unmatched. 

Edited by soapfan770

• Members

Sadly I saw this topic approached on the cesspool that is Twitter and so many prefer Christel. I wonder why (though not really, just saying ...) .... Because she was more light skinned than Davetta? Most likely, which is ... sad. But when we have folks telling gorgeous Gabrielle Union her hair is basically too black ...

Davetta was my favorite Lily by far. ADORED.HER. I was so pissed when Valley Girl Lily came back. I'm *still* pissed. LOL.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

I wonder if a lot of those people are mainly Lane fans and they largely prefer CK because her version of Lily was with Cane. 

Also, thanks for posting those clips from 1988 BoldRestless. I was looking at one of them and I enjoyed seeing Traci/Brad together. I may end up looking some of the others a little later. 

And that Thanksgiviing episode from 2008 was interesting as well. It was interesting seeing where everyone was at a little over a decade ago compared to now. Nikki/Paul sleeping together, Nick/Phyllis a family with Summer, Tyra (who I liked) around with young Ana, Detective Gil, Victor in jail, Victoria and JT/ baby Reed a family. Plus Billy/Lily spending some together. I always thought that BM's Billy and CK's Lily had good chemistry together. (And truth be told, I think JT's Billy chemistry also had some chemistry with her). But it's interesting to see what has changed between now and then. 

Edited by xtr