Visited the Rookie Blue set on Monday/Tuesday

chuck89

• Members

I had the opportunity to travel to Toronto and spend Monday and Tuesday visiting the Rookie Blue set. If your not familiar with the show,it aired its first season this summer and they are working on season 2 set to air again in late June 2011.

Everyone connected with the show is a nice group of people,especially Gregory Smith(of Everwood). He was so kind to all of us fans who visited(my sister and 3 friends from Twitter/FB). We first saw him shoot on location in a house and then a park. In between takes,he would come into the area we were sitting in and chat with us.

Although he was finished for the day after that location shoot,he came back to the studio when we moved up there.

He knew I was an Everwood fan(he also follows me on Twitter,so we already knew each other through there),so he gave me an Everwood jacket that the crew members wore back then.

He then gave us the set tour and sat and talked with us for about an hour. Just can't say enough about what a special person Greg is.

I posted most of the pics from the set visit on FB and opened it for everyone to see. Hope you'll enjoy them :)

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=251310&id=705992933

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Thanks Carl! I have a good feeling that Rookie Blue will have even bigger ratings for Season 2 when it airs this summer. I'll let you know when they announce the airdate. The cast/crew is really a great group of people and they need to be working together for many years to come. I predict that 2011 will be a huge year for Greg Smith with his movie "Hobo With A Shotgun" coming to Sundance and it got a US distribution deal as well.

• Members

Thanks so much! When ABC announces an airdate in the next few months,I'll let you all know. I'm planning to promote Rookie Blue a lot this summer,so the the ratings are high and it gets a quick S3 renewal(after 3 episodes aired,it was renewed for a second season). The cast/crew is really great with interacting with the fans on Twitter and that has been a big part of the series success,IMO

Archived