DAYS: Ken Corday Interview

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's right, we could. It cannot be said enough how little DAYS understood Marlena as a person after bringing her back in '91. I was so looking forward to her and Wayne Northrop's returns BITD, and the show totally let me down. :-(

• Members

As much as I respect James Reynolds as an actor, having Abe & Lexie as one of the "untouchable" supercouples has done nothing for the potential of the Lexie character (nor the talented Renee Jones). Freeing up Lexie Carver once and for all would do wonders for the character, the actress, and us as viewers!

• Members

I like to pretend that Roman died in 1984, too. I don't mind Hogestyn as Roman, but it's just not the same. Northrop's return was botched beyond belief, much worse than Hall's even.

The supercouple era ended up being pretty detrimental, didn't it? Shane and Kimberly, Steve and Kayla. Only Steve really got to establish much of a separate character. None of the characters were really allowed to stand on their own or even think about other relationships. Even if Shane and Kayla and had been better written, who's to say it would have been much better accepted? If Hope hadn't been killed off in 1990, would there have been any acceptance of Bo with Carly or Billie? The characters were too co-dependent.

• Members

the problem with the show is the writing number 1....get a new head writer who knows the history...aka Sheri Anderson....ive said it before bringing deidre hall back w/o Drake would be a good move. Have john die off screen and have her on the show w/o john. i think she would have great chemistry with that new bill horton! have them hook up off screen and return together or one then the other.

• Members

^^ Nope. The writing might not be the greatest, and some of the stories over the summer were painfully long. However this team brought me back to Days and many others prior to that. Getting rid of DH2 freed the canvas. Kate, Maggie, Caroline, even Vivian now have more opportunities. With the return of Marlena they would be shoved aside… you know it would happen.

Now bringing back Bill - that's a whole host of story possibility with the way the current canvas is going. I can't think of a single other legacy character who would be able to walk into stories like he can right now.

• Members

Yes, that's the one I'm talking about. He had amazing chemistry with Kate. I think he would be ideal: he would balance out the numbers of men/women in the senior age range, be the COS and the hospital, help Jenn with whatever bug-a-boo she's dealing with, Interfere in Maggie's life, and connect with his two grandbabies. Instant story inclusion.

• Members

At first I didn't see that, but now I do. I loved how lexie held her own during the baby switch storyline, how she stood up to stefano when she returned from the dead. Lexie is a great character and should be a character you better not cross or f with. Abe have chemistry with Maggie and would have love to see that explored but now I am enjoying MAGIC!!

Archived