October 25-29, 2010

Toups

• Members

I don't think even changing HW's will help AMC. I'm not a doom and gloomer, but IMO it's got one foot in the grave and from what's been said NO ONE wanted the HW job at AMC which is why we got K&S

They do need to get rid of the awful B&E though

Is that a trick question? LOL, of course they don't, heck they don't even having anyone who watches continuity between episodes, why would they bother with something like this?

Utterly stupid to air repeat going into sweeps

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, 1.8 seems to be the new normal. I remember people bugging out when ATWT hit this number 19 months back. GH took a hard fall this week but Days held that position a few weeks back so nobody ought to be that worried. Most of us thought that OLTL and AMC would always be fighting for fifth place but it really seems like all non-CBS shows are now tied for last place. Overall ratings seem to drop with each soap cancellation. Right after GL bit the dust, ATWT and OLTL suddenly started dropping lower; now, with the end of World, there seems to be more carnage with lower lows.

A few months ago, I said we'd be seeing 1.5 soon enough and it really wouldn't shock me if this happens before the 2011. A lot of people will be shopping between Thanksgiving and X-mas. Hope for bad weather so people will stay home and watch soaps ;)

• Members

I think the best performance of all 6 soaps is Y&R and even B&B, down only .1 or .4, DAYS, GH, AMC and OLTL all currently have horrible numbers especially for this time of the year.

ETA:

I'll wait to see what happens through January/February, but it definitely could be that the middle-pack and back-end soaps - aka all non-CBS soaps - are settling into their low end numbers being the new high (2.4 to 2.5 million). It was just a matter if time if this is so.

• Members

Exactly, Angela. I think it is laughable how OLTL fans are trying to spin the bad news.

The cold weather rises may come later in the year. The weather is still pretty decent across most of the country.

Also, you are right that Y&R and B&B are the only two soaps relatively holding onto their demos. Y&R continues to be the champion of the soaps.

• Members

Dreadful numbers by all soaps. B&B at 2.2?....GH hitting a 1.5 for Friday......All the shows losing viewers this week.....Brenda's return continues to flop.....OLTL will drop again next week....AMC...so dull to watch...the whole mid week reruns for ABC soaps is hurting their shows.

• Members

They are going to hate you for saying that. I agree with you. Yes, they went up in HHs but went down in viewers again. Those 18-49 numbers are dreadful for all soaps.

AMC is in big trouble.....and GH in last...just wow.....lol

It's going to go down..I can guarantee it! The big events were last week.

Archived