The Walking Dead: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

I agree, but I don't know if Tyreese's fate on the show rests with those three. I do think he and Abraham probably fit that "popular comic character who struggles to fit in on the show" role. I think there's more potential with Tyreese. I don't know what one could do with Abraham. I'm glad they have moved on from him being an alpha male, but I just can't see him being around Rick or Daryl or Michonne. It seems like Abraham may just stay around because he's popular with comic fans, or because of the actor, but I just don't know where they can go with him.

I like Rosita mostly because I enjoy her relationships with some of the supporting players like Tara (or even Glenn), and she makes me see Abraham and Eugene as less cartoonish, but I'm not sure how I'll feel if or when she's back with the group.

What I like most about Tara is how she makes Glenn and Glenn/Maggie less dour. Silly little things like GREATM. I know it could become cloying, but in small doses it works. I also like that she is from such a different origin than most of the group.

I keep meaning to write a story where Sasha ends up seeing BOB from Twin Peaks (she isn't assaulted or anything). She has bad luck with Bobs.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I guess I just don't see Glenn or Maggie as dour. To me they've had tough times but they've always been united by each other and their love and their relationships with the group. But I like Tara.

Rosita, OTOH, just has a silly premise to begin with. The actress seems fine but when a slew of other female leads' futures are in doubt, from Carol to Sasha to Beth and so on, I would sooner see all of them than her. (I especially think Emily Kinney has really taken off this year.)

• Members

Dour may not be the right word, but Glenn, understandably, lost a lot of his humor after the second season. Tara sort of reconnects to that side of him.

One of the problems for me is that I've adapted so much to having the characters split in different groups that it's difficult to focus on how they'd all be together. For instance, I didn't care for Rosita with the larger group, but she's been one of my favorite parts of this DC roadtrip.

I would like to see more of Tara with Rick though.

Do you get the feeling they're going to pair Michonne with Gabriel? I get that vibe.

Tyler James Williams talks about GoT and Star Wars.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2014/11/28/tyler-james-williams-walking-dead-pop-culture-personality-test/

• Members

I think Rosita has been more interesting on this trip, but I prefer Glenn and Maggie with the main group - I think they're part of that. I do think the splitting-off has helped delineate some of the newer or supporting characters, especially Tara, Sasha and Bob last year and then Beth this year.

I have a sinking feeling they will do that - I mean, it would be fine, they're both excellent actors. But I think the real money is with Rick. Or a triangle! Let's not rule that out.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Oh boy, I just saw "Killer Within" and I'm stunned they actually killed off Lori.

I mean, I'm glad the baby wasn't still born, but a really selfish part of me was hoping it would be for the sake of that disturbingly cool scenario Lori speculated to Hershell might happen (the baby being dead inside of her & ripping through her as a walker. OMG, I need help)

They had Carl put his mother out of her misery by shooting her just like he did to Shane. That kid is going to be all kinds of f-cked up!!

^^Speaking of Hershell, maybe I missed something or will find out later, but I'm confused why his ass is still alive & well and acting normal after he clearly got bit. What's up with that? LOL. Again, maybe that's to come but for now I'm dumbfounded.

Andrea clearly wanting to stay in Woodbury a "few more days" so she can get a piece of the Governor's ass is beyooond ridic. She is clueless and horny as hell. Thank heavens for Michonne being there to balance things out. Loving her.

Sorry to see T-Dog (horrible, embarrassing name) go but he was becoming another Dale and I wasn't here for that. That was admirable what he did for Carol, and really I think he had been wanting to do that for a while. He was miserable & always the outcast, he would've never been able to enjoy himself even if a cure was found.

• Members

I hated the bitch and was glad to see her die. BYE HO!

I LOVE the governor. He makes for such a great villain and the actor plays him perfectly. I think there's something wrong with me bc I like the villains on this show more than the good guys...lol

Edited by Cheap21

• Members

LOL!

Oh, I'm loving the ghost appearances of Shane & Lori. When I saw Shane with the gun I was cheering. Damn he looked good and I was fooled. Please tell me that's not it?

I was LOL'ing at Rick seeing Lori in her wedding dress and Michonne looking at him from afar like WTF?? I'm digging these Rick hallucinations. They're very well done and fitting.

I so enjoy the 'Gov as well. He's great. The villains definitely outshine the good guys in this show

I'm going to look back @ what everyone here said during this time soon but so far I like the new peeps especially the father/daughter

i'm hoping Carl gets bit soon and no one does surgery on him to halt the spread. sorry.

Glen & Maggie are infinitely sweet & riveting. Glen's journey & development as a person has been remarkable