The Walking Dead: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Excellent episode. Honestly the last couple of episodes have been really good. Add that to that first episode with Michonne's backstory and Rick and Carl and I'd say overall it's been a decent season. And they actually gave Rick IMO a real character arc this season that is more than poor broken Rick they've tended to be drawn to the last couple of seasons. I think the use of the flashbacks particularly with Hershel and his "idealism" in a sense were interwoven really well. And I feel Michonne is finally a fully realized character.

Carl while I think it's always interesting to read about how others see things, I don't pay much attention to the constant whining on other sites because I think the show in general has tried to satisfy all the viewers, those who like the zombies and gore and those who seem more in tune with some of the more emotional subtlety. AV Club is one place that IMO is too fanboy driven. When I read their review of the episode with Carol, Tyrese, and the girls, I had to shake my head. Part of it tells me some are in this show for things other than what I like.

I like the cliffhanger of sorts and there was all sorts of symbolism here. When I saw the railcars, it immediately made me think about the Nazi's sending Jews to concentration camps, and I am sure that was intentional.

Looking forward to next season, unfortunately it's too far away.

• Members

When that scene first aired, I was really pissed that people were just giving up and committing suicide. Now I think those people were the ones with the best foresight. I certainly think Andrea would have been better off, if she had died at the CDC like she wanted to.

I wonder if the bones we saw were Beth's? I also wonder what that room with the candles was about.

• Members

I wonder if the fact that Tyrese, Carol, Judith (and even Beth) were not a vital part of the season finale will play into the spin off.

Remember that show is supposed to premiere in 2015 and since The Walking Dead won't be back until mid-October, there may not be much time in between that and the premiere of the spin-off.

So some of the things that happened last night might give us more knowledge on the spin-off.

As for the lack of deaths. I'm good with that, too. Losing Hershel, Patrick, Karen, Lizzie, Mika (and every single Woodbury person that evacuated to the prison in 2012) is plenty.

• Members

Very interesting that each season finale continues to top the previous one yet there are episodes during the season which have higher numbers than the finale itself i.e. the February 9 midseason premiere.

I personally think they do a better job of making the midseason cliff-hanger more of an on-the-edge-of-your-seat type cliff-hanger than the actual season finale. To me, the season finales have been the end of dramatic arcs and the beginnings of new ones.

• Members

tumblr_inline_mkja6qX0bp1qz4rgp.gif

That's me after Rick escapes death YET AGAIN. Seriusly, the show is f--king with me having him survive yet again. The man is a MONSTER, yet is propped up and treated like a hero. I really cant stand his ass. By far the WORST character left on the show. He ruins it for me. I need someone to bite his neck off.

• Members

I don't see it. They're turning into a family but I don't see anything romantic brewing between them.

Now that we've seen Michonne describe what happened in the refugee camp, I'm going to go back and check out her flashback.

And once again, Maggie fails to ask about her sister. tongue.png

• Members

I don't think it will happen (and I'd rather it not happen than it be teased and me turn into one of those fans of another pair who was on tumblr last night raging about A SEASON OF LIES!!!!), but moments like Michonne telling Rick that she knows he's OK, because she's OK...that trips my OTP buttons.

Anyway, speaking of Rick and Michonne, apparently this was a deleted scene from the finale. Looks like it must have been another part of Terminus?

http://zuzzolek.tumblr.com/post/81295624496

• Members

I definitely agree that the mid-season finales are ten times better than the actual season finales. I think I need to watch the finale again after reading your posts...

I'm still pissed at no Carol/Tyreese inclusion. I'm totally okay with no mention of Beth ever again honestly.