GH: SOAPnet November Preview

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow Edward got a mention in the month preview? Can't remember last time that happened.

Still no mention of Bobbie, even with Luke in the hospital? Last time he had a heart attack she was there. She really wouldn't feel the need to check up on her brother?

I've given up hope.

Sounds like a lame month.

• Members

Last time he had a real heart attack, she showed up once (perhaps twice, but remember it was during the Replacement Writers) and then was mentioned having been there the rest of the time. It's not as if she really was much of a presence even then.

• Members

1 or 2 episodes > 0.

but even still. IT's sad that the last time we saw Bobbie in a back to back episode or even in more than one scene in an episode was suring the last writers strike. It just goes to show that it's Guza keeping her at the back.

Oh well. She's due to pop up some time now for her anual every 4-5 month appearance, so I'll get my fill.

On a side note, it's been over a year since we saw Lesley...Safe to assume we won't again. It's a shame, Lulu, Lucky and Nik could ALL use a stable voice in their lives.

• Members

I loved Bobbie. I don't think you can discuss GH (when it actually had more than three people watching) without discussing Bobbie and her various storylines. It was just a shame they phased Jackie Zeman out for the charismatically challenged and still yet to star in even one entertaining story after 15 years, Nancy Lee Grahn.

• Members

Bobbie was a great character and all but to be honest I really don't think that many people care about her these days anymore. And even if they do, we have to remember that GH doesn't. That is why we see her like twice a decade. And besides, whenever she is on all people see is her octo mom face and that's what they end up talking about. lol. People just do not take JZ seriously anymore. Jmo.

• Members

I agree with all of this, except the NLG bashing. I love NLG, but I agree with what you said about Bobbie. You can't really talk about ANY of the worth-while years of GH without talking of Bobbie.

I think a lot of people do care about her. On this board? Maybe not. But there are a lot of people who outcry over the blatant disrepect shown towards all the veterans, including Jackie Zeman, Leslie Charleson, etc. And I know reading a lot of sites, including Daytime Confidential, etc. a LOT of the posters there are excited when Bobbie pops up and often times the comments also contain things like "Why don't they use Bobbie more?!" "Where was Bobbie when Carly was kidnapped?" etc, etc. and all kinds of things eluding to the general consensus that people to miss her.

Yeah, on this board people do the "octo mom" thing and say that her face should keep her off the show forever...However, even though on other boards while people will say things about her plastic surgery, it doesn't stop them from continuing with comments that Bobbie should be a staple on the show.

Even on YouTube, when I was looking at clips from JZ's recent appearances, while there ARE comments about her plastic surgery, a lot of people are talking about what a blatant waste it is that they only break her out one a year.

But sadly, you are right, a LOT of people don't take her seriously anymore. But I think that if they gave her a storyline for a change, that people might. I still believe that JZ is the same actress she once was. It's just sad that GH won't give her a chance.

Anyway, that's my diatribe for tonight. Didn't mean to start a riot! Hhaha.

• Members
Offline viewers do not care about Bobbie/Jackie Zeman. They just don't.

Ask any of your offline friends if they care about Bobbie Spencer, young and old. They'll tell you that they don't.

GH has trained the auds to hate their vets by slowly phasing them out to the point where no one cares. Couple that with the bad plastic surgery and it's a lose/lose for you and your "Bobbie should be heavily involved in Luke's story" agenda.

Archived