Y&R: Week of November 1st 2010

• Members

Bacteria must really be unpopular with viewers if Y&R has to be this blatant with the manipulations. First Victoria's miscarriage, now she loses a son she barely notices 99% of the time and makes a big dramatic scene at the wedding (sorry Amelia, you do your best, but that type of scene is one MTS would have killed with).

I'm waiting to learn that she is now unable to have children.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hell no...interns wouldn't be interested in a 70-ish Gramps being seduced by a worn-out looking transvestite. (oh, wait..that would make the story at least a little interesting..) Once again, ol'Vic miraculously sidesteps being portrayed as a loser. At least Nikki got to slam his tendency to run off with other women whenever he'd been disappointed by her.

My guess is the janitorial staff got pissed and did a little rewriting.

I will say, Clementine Ford looked pretty today.

AH? Makes Marnie Schulenberg look like a thespian. I don't get the entire baglady/rastifarian/'50's dweeb look (for GOD'S sake, can's someone tell her highlights don't start at the ears?) But this pain of hers comes off looking childish.

And I couldn't have been the only one puzzled by MS today. Her reactions were all over the place.

• Members

Congratulations Thad, you gave this show 10 years and were an afterthought on your final day. Given how they treated Julianna McCarthy I'm not surprised.

First of all Victoria had no reason to be hurt or angered by the fact that she had no idea that JT was going to marry Mac. She did the exact same thing to him not once, but twice. Twice! First the Jamaican wedding (which he only found out about because Abby exposed them) and than the "Father Knows Best" wedding( once again she wasn't going to tell him and he overheard her talk about it to Daniel).

Would it have killed Villy to fake being happy for JT and Mac? It was so infuriating having to watch Victoria wave her martyr flag and Billy make his "I'm the best husband" face.

Speaking of Billy, he says he hates to see his family hurt. Where's Delia Billy? Or is she not important enough since she didn't come out of Victoria's cooter.

How many tearful talks with Reed did Victoria get? I know she didn't give a damn about that kid until some plot point demanded it.. If this is Emmy bait for Amelie I wouldn't be surprised. I'm sure Victoria would have no problem with the only relationship JT had with Reed is phone calls and e-mails. Her analogy about someone taking Mac's baby away is the same as JT taking Reed away is wrong. A stranger isn't taking Reed away, his father is.

The thing that pisses me off the most is that fans(not just Villy fans) made JT(and Mac) the villain more than the writers ever did. Apparently Mac is a "skanky ho" for "trying to taking Reed away from Victoria" despite the fact that Victoria practically gave him to her. If Billy did the same thing these fans would say what an amazing step-dad he is. JT doesn't enjoy taking Reed away from his mother and he's not using him to punish Victoria for her affairs or for moving on from her life. If anyone ever had a smug look on their face, it was her not him. He's not playing "judge and juror" with Victoria, just looking out for his son. Which is more than I could say Victoria ever did for him. For anyone who thinks the idea of Reed being better off with JT than Victoria is wrong, why? Is it because Victoria is a mother and they are more important to a child or because JT was against what the cabinistas did to Adam?

Poor Clementine never stood a chance after the failed Bac pairing. She was a non entity to writers and some fans. Even if she became as good as AshBash people wouldn't notice.

The wedding, Villy aside, was very nice. It was sweet that Brock was the one to marry them and that Paul was JT's best man. The bride, groom and ring boy looked lovely.

• Members

^^^^maybe it could have been more broadly defined, but he's definitely had a history of impulsive romances he later regrets...but she definitely nailed him on the "he expects everyone to abide by his choices or to hell with them" part.

• Members

The problem is that Y&R wants to push that Victor makes impulsive romantic choices when he's disappointed in her which isn't true.

It's NIKKI who is prone to running not Victor.

Victor rarely runs away when his friends & family do things he doesn't like.

He will yell, manipulate & emotionally abuse them but if there is one thing Grambo isn't it's a runner.

Not really.

Again it's Nikki with the history of romantic regrets (which was true long before she met Victor).

Victor rarely has flings (especially after his children were born).

Most of his relationships end in divorce and/or death & out of Grambo's "flings" only one coincides with Nikki's definition as per today's show.

Definitely.

His actions (however OOC) toward Victoria & Billy being a perfect example.

• Members

I am disappointed that the Meggie story is ending so quick I could see it lasting til February and playing story beats like the reactions of Nick, Victoria, Adam, and Abby to Victor's marriage to Meggie. Sheesh I would have enjoyed seeing a campy marriage from hell. I wonder if Braeden had reservations that Victor be duped by a woman over a long period of time.

The JT/Mac send-off wedding was good, the Billy and Victoria scenes were not, why the heck were they even at the wedding to begin with?

Hey now, that is a prestigious acting school/institute! <_<

• Members

Y&R is now on ATWT time and they blow through story like a line of coke. This 'Meggie Caper' should have gone on for months as opposed to being wrapped up neat in tidy within three episodes. Bloom should have learned from ATWT and GL that speed story doesn't work long term but this is probably about demos and the weak attention span of Gen X and Y.

Ma Bell was off to a good start and Hogan did great with nuPatty but Y&R is currently at its worse. Even a big Nikki story wasn't enough to bring older viewers back. I am thrilled to say bye to JT and Mac who are, by far, the most boring couple ever. Please, Kay and Murphy are HOT by contrast.

Are we supposed to believe that Deacon really loves Nikki? This pairing, short term, might actually be cool and give Nikki a bit more sexual energy. I like Deacon as a character but the writing for him has always been bad on both B&B and Y&R.

• Members

If it were well written it would have.

Instead it's all about giving a Z List Actress & a "troubled" soap vet work, Nikki's absent friends, Grambo winning, Villy being propped, Nick doing nothing & Noah being preoccupied with a psycho.

There's no heart.

Archived