Y&R: Week of November 1st 2010

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's Thursday and we are only on page 1 of this week's Y&R thread. Methinks Y&R's PTB should start getting nervous right around now. Because pages and pages of hate are better for the show than one page of deafening indifference.

Like, I didn't even have the heart to throw up in my mouth a little yesterday when Meggie's tongue went excavating in Grambo's mouth. At least we know she's not into him -- I don't think I could stomach another relatively intelligent woman getting weak at the knees and having hot flashes for ole Methuselah.

• Members

I have to say I really enjoyed Meggie getting a gaga Grambo (is there any other kind?) hitched in his private jet. She even managed to stick a little polyester wedding veil on top of her head -- I assume its from her Black Widow Emergency Kit.

Sheesh. Billy is awful smug for somebody who happily let Chloe pass her baby off as Cane's and who porked Jack's then-wife -- twice! -- while she was blind drunk. Mr. Self-Righteous Retribution turned into a one-man crusade over Heather's "corruption" (please, this weakling couldn't corrupt a horny teenager) and JT and Mac moving to Washington. WTFever, VegasBoy. He really is a petty little hypocrite.

Meanwhile, ScarecrowToria decides to give her mother's sobriety another kicking by letting her know that her grandson will be moving out of town. The way ScarecrowToria was boohooing, you'd think she'd broken two nails instead of one. Emmy-worthy!

The Red Menace is back on today. Both of them.

• Members

Are the interns writing the show this month? Wow...Since 10/29 USA episode, the show is back to laughable. It reminds me of the early Kreizman/Wheeler GL days when Broderick was on the staff and they would have days or a few weeks of consistent, intelligent writing that seemed to be laying the ground work for months of solid story, only to be derailed by stupidity. The Daisy thing painful as is the Meggie plot (which is rehash of early Adam days). Heather's plot is excruciating to watch as is JT/Mac farewell. They wasted JT (character and actor). He's hot/he's a vet and he can act (mostly and especially when he's half nekkid). Why couldn't he be Tucker's son? c...I was hoping for a fun November sweeps since October was mostly watchable. This show might benefit from further budget restrictions..then they'd have to get rid of Jana, Daisy, Sky, Meggie, Lily, Heather, Rafe (sorry he can't act), Adam (he's overrated too and the character is destroyed), Malcom (talk about can't act..whoah..is it painful to watch him..he went to the Remy Boudreau school of acting..remember that actor from GL...).

Come on CBS, save this show while you can. Get rid of Sheffer and Hamner and give Mabell some assistants who know how to write (Ferri Esser/Slater, Demorest/Curlee...but not Beall who I think is destined for a Y&R promotion at some point).

• Members

LOL, Mac married to and pregnant by another "cousin" would be funny. Maybe that's why she can't carry JT's spawn to term.

Am I supposed to feel sorry for Victoria? Sorry, when you boink Deacon and you've got JT at home, you're not fit to raise a hamster.

Why are they acting like Daisy will get to keep a baby in jail. I'm pretty certain they take them away at birth. And WTF is she doing back on screen, she brings the whole show down with her presence. But then again she's probably "Popping" (off the panties?) for an exec in control and needed some work?

Archived