Y&R: Week of November 1st 2010

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Seriously, though, that was a wretched episode of Y&R on Friday.

Not only did it herald the arrival of that Zima creature, it also featured this piece of utterly condescending dialogue:

Michael: And you-- well done, sexy.

Phyllis: (Laughs)

Malcolm: Yes, he's right. You're lucky I'm not on duty. I'd be snapping so many photos of you, the flash would make you dizzy, "Miss Harlow."

Phyllis: Oh, thank you. Yes, yes. It is "Miss" once again. It feels liberating.

Malcolm: (Chuckles) Well, you look happy. I'm glad.

Phyllis: Yes, I am happy. It's great to be single again.

Malcolm: I'd like you to meet my good friend. (Chuckles)

Sofia: Oh, Phyllis?

Phyllis: (Chuckles) Yeah.

Sofia: Oh, I have heard so much about you.

Phyllis: Oh.

Sofia: This man adores you. It would be kind of annoying if I was the insecure type.

Phyllis: Yeah, but you're not. I can tell. I can tell you're not one of those needy, whiny types. This town needs more women like you. Believe me.

Sofia: (Chuckles) Well, that's good to hear, because I am not going anywhere.

Malcolm: Mmmmmmmmmm.

She's SASSY, people! A sassy BLACK WOMEN! Trotted out to remind everybody what a a strong, witty BABE Phyllis is.

Sometimes it's like we're watching Imitation of Life -- without the subtext.

• Members

Poor Lauren, Shelia was her blessing and her curse.

Wish Jana would get over Kevin, she clearly can do better. IMO she has a little bit more chemistry with Noah than she does Kevin. It was hard to take him seriously when he was wearing that damn manliner.

I'm glad that Abby was smart enough to call the cops. Between this and her going up against the world's biggest prick and the most obnoxious human being (her father and sister respectively), I'm starting to like her a little bit more.

I thought that Meggie googling Victor would send in a she's not right signal in his head or something.

Who was Deacon talking about when he said "she wouldn't even recognize me"?

• Members

^^^I didn't really listen to yesterday's show, but Deacon could have been talking about his daughter Hope (on B&B).

How can a show be this boring? Vicki and Nikki find out this horrible thing, that TGVN has used them for his own purpose---and it's the opposite of riveting.

• Members

If Heather is going to be Newman roadkill please take the character off canvas. I'm tired of Victor using the Williams as pawns in his schemes.

Why can't Cane just ask Katherine or Jill for the money? Instead we have to go through another attempt at making him edgy.

Tomorrow we get to see Victoria do her best Sally Field in "Not Without My Daughter" impersonation when the show tries to make believe Victoria gives a rats ass about her son.

After he put a pregnant Victoria in the slammer is it really a surprise that he would do this? It feels like this whole storyline has played out before and when Victor ends up on his deathbed everyone in the family will forgive him again.

Since I hate both Victor and Victoria I could care less about this lawsuit and hope that Abby screws them both.

Archived