DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• Members

I mean, that's a no-brainer for Sony / NBCUniversal to do - they want them to watch on Peacock or wait until it comes onto whatever international services that carries DAYS. They need as many viewers / clicks as they can get in order to keep getting renewed and they're not measured by some flimsy Nielsen rating system anymore; streaming sites know exactly how many that watches, what they also click and watch on the service and duration. 

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I won't type the name of the dailymotion site that died here.
And please don't do that! because we want it to stay up.
but if you look at the same person's other sites for the other soaps,
those have links to the replacement days page.

Do Not type it.  Please.  Thanks.
(There are bots that go out looking for such things so that's why we don't want to type the URL or name)

He/she/they always sets it up in such a way that you can find a link on one of their pages to their other pages of other shows - so if one of their sites goes down, you can always eventually find a link to the replacement.
Sometime it says "link-to-name-of-other-show".  sometimes it says "my other sites".  But look around and you will find it.

The replacement days page is up now, and that's how I found it.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

12-11-91 Day 21 (1-14-24) Roman is not a jerk, not even close. We begin with Carly watching Bo sleep & then gently she wakes him. Marlena brings the sports page & breakfast in to Roman & wakes him & gets in bed. They begin to kiss & it's fine but then she breaks it off & says they have so many tough times ahead of them. She says it's almost Christmas & the kids are used to spending it with John. Meanwhile John is frustrated with delays hearing back from the ISA about the satchel. But, he tells Izzy that today he is going to tell Marlena about the baby. When he told her about the baby, she either was pleased for him or she pretended she was, effectively. He took that moment to ask her if he could be present when they tell the kids that Roman is their father. She told him he is the best person to tell them! 

As I am pursuing my Roman: A Jerk or Not a Jerk? Project I'm getting other DAYS stuff, too, of course. I whined about Kayla & Shane. I remarked about Tanner & Molly plus some Scofields. Then there was everyone descending on Mexico & searching for codicils, etc. I discovered that back then Gretchen was recently GH's mother of Brando, etc. Now I've just gotten a huge taste of Mayan culture & how much Bo & Carly love each other & their vows from the top of a Mexican pyramid. I've said that Drake looks ridiculous in Bermuda shorts. (Never saw him look bad in anything before. Did not know it was possible.) Finally John knows & accepts that he's not Roman & he never was so he is now filled with an urgency about his identity. The most interesting "side" story to me is the subtext that Deidre is playing so well when you can just see her brain, gears grinding, as she ponders the fact that she loves 2 men. One, she can no longer have because now he belongs to Isabella & a baby on the way. The other, she can have if she can find a way not to screw things up. 

Edited by Donna L. Bridges
more

• Members

Yes, it was Bill Bell who saw something between the actors, a spark, and began to write for them. However, he did not marry them. He was reluctant to do so because of the always supposed "boring" factor. So, it was him who began all of that back & forth where they'd both be with others & then one would become available & then by the time the other one would become available the first one would be with someone else!!! It was maddening but it was exciting. IRL they married in 1974 & Bill said there were 16 people in their living room so then in 1976 when I believe it was PFS who had them wed, they had 16 million people tune in & it blew everyone's mind! The term "super couple" hadn't been coined yet but it was applied to them retroactively in 5 years when it was coined by the mainstream media on the occasion of Luke & Laura. (Also to ATWT's Jeff & Penny.)

• Members

Yeah, the initial story began in 1970, so it was all Bell (and eventually PFS) that guided the story. I appreciate Bell not wanting to forever retread ground he'd already covered in that way. While a successful formula for DAYS in the 80s, it can easily (and did) become contrived, and I suspect Bell wasn't much a fan of formulaic writing.

• Members

There is a wonderful scene with Marlena and Abe at the end of the Mexico saga.  I don't know dates exactly so I am not sure where you are at in context.  But Marlena tells Abe "you get to love them both and I can't". It's a great scene and gives a lot of weight to Marlena's friendship with Abe and also plants the seeds of the affair.  

• Members

AT TONIGHT'S PRIMETIME EMMYS, CHRISTINA APPLEGATE MENTIONED HER ACTING DEBUT...AS BABY BURT GRIZZELL ON "DAYS"...

Please register in order to view this content

Here's the master telecast report. Christina Applegate (listed as Baby Priddy on the telecast report) and her mom Nancy Priddy appeared as a Mother (Mrs. Grizzell) and Baby Boy (Burt Grizzell) in Episode # 1597, which aired March 7, 1972. Christina, best known for her role as Kelly Bundy on "Married...with Children", was nominated at this year's Emmys for her role on "Dead To Me."

Edited by JAS0N47

• Members

CHRISTINA APPLEGATE'S STORYLINE ON "DAYS"...

Christina Applegate (Kelly Bundy from "Married...With Children") appeared on tonight's Primetime Emmys and mentioned her acting debut, where she played Baby Burt Grizzell. For the first time online, here's a look at her storyline on "Days of Our Lives" in Episode # 1597, which aired on March 7, 1972. If you can't make out the paragraph (highlighted in blue), here it is typed out:

A patient arrives in Greg's office carrying an infant, which Greg asks Susan to hold while he treats the patient. As Susan holds the child, she tries to steel herself that an abortion is the only way out, but she remembers her last time in the clinic, her eventual rejection of the operation then. After the patient and baby leave, Greg comments what a great mother she'll make someday.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Abe only had these 3 episodes from 11/12/91 to 1/27/92. So if it's something around the Mexico storyline, it would be one of these. This was when Jim was first brought back after Generations was cancelled, and he was just recurring and not appearing much.

6638...11/12/91: 
Cast: Abe, Bo, Carly, Caroline, Domingo, Gretchen, Isabella, Kayla, Kimberly, Lawrence, Marcus, Marlena, Roman I, Roman II, Shane, Shawn, Victor, Jeannie, Henderson, Dimitri, Ari, Doctor.
Sets: Victor's Villa/Greece, Loft, Roman & Marlena's Living Room, Pier, Trauma Center, Kiriakis Mansion Living Room, Alamain Mansion, Shane's Study & Corridor, Phone for Domingo.

6655...12/5/91: 

Cast: Abe, Gretchen, Isabella, John, Kayla, Kimberly, Marlena, Molly, Roman, Shane, Tanner, Victor, ISA Agent # 1, ISA Agent # 2, Mexican Nurse, Mexican Delivery Man. 

Sets: Kayla’s Apartment, Int. Car/Mexico, Professor’s Moore Living Room/Mexico, Woods/Mexico, Staff Lounge, Int. Mayan Ruins, Alice’s Restaurant, Victor's Hospital Room/Mexico, Hut # 1/Mexico, Hut # 2/Mexico; Aerial Footage of Mayan Ruins.

6691...1/27/92:

Cast: Abe, Carly, Carrie, Chip, Danielle, Isabella, John, Julie, Lawrence, Maggie, Marlena, Mickey, Roman, Victor, Waiter (Jeff), Guard (Saul), Bartender, Nurse Jill, Worker on Pier.

Sets: Roman & Marlena's Living Room, Pier, Loft Bedroom, John's Flashback Limbo, Roman & Marlena’s Bedroom, Nurses’ Station & Staff Lounge, Kiriakis Mansion Den/Exterior, Continental Bar, Alice’s Restaurant, Security Guard's Hospital Room.

• Members

Re Doug/Julie

I have read that Bill Bell was not in favor of them marrying in 76 but by that time what other roadblocks could have been put in their way?

Surely any other obstacles would have had viewers more annoyed than intrigued and anticipating?