How 'The Talk' will be different than 'The View'

Sylph

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
When CBS daytime show "The Talk" premieres Oct. 18, don't expect any of the guests to be promoting their books, movies or their own TV shows. And if they can't open up to the show's six co-hosts and express real, personal thoughts about their own lives and topics of the day, they're not coming on.
Until the ratings decline and they need some TV drama.

Executive producer Brad Bessey, who spent 15 years at "Entertainment Tonight," most recently as co-executive producer, said he already has rejected some well-known guests (he declined to name names) because he didn't think they could be "real."
LOL! Real?! What the hell would this guy know about "real?" He's the executive producer of a newsmagazine that used to be prestigous and is now practically Hard Copy? How the hell is this guy's vision gonna "empower" women?

With all of my bitching, I will definitely watch the show.

"The Talk" will air live from Los Angeles at 11 a.m. weekdays and fill the live East Coast 2 p.m. time period previously occupied by canceled soap opera "As the World Turns." It will be televised via tape at 2 p.m. in the other time zones.
I'd love it if this show went live at 12PMEST. :)

• Members

I'm sure they'll have to trash this bitch up eventually. :)

I mean, c'mon, Sharon?! Holly Robinson-Peete?! Crazy Marissa?!

Guests Brad Bessey has rejected:

The Tooth Fairy

Loch Ness Monster

Howard Hughes

Santa Claus

Nia Vardalos

Easter Bunny

Freddie Krueger

Dannii Minogue

Joy Behar

LOL.

• Members
<span style="font-size:120%;">NEW YORK -- CBS is launching panel talk show “The Talk,” the first new network daytime talk show in a while, with some high-powered guests. During their premiere week, “Talk” hosts Julie Chen, Sara Gilbert, Sharon Osbourne, Holly Robinson Peete, Leah Remini and Marissa Jaret Winokur will welcome model Christie Brinkley on Monday, Jennifer Lopez on Tuesday, Melissa Rycroft and former South Carolina first lady Jenny Sanford on Wednesday, actress Chandra Wilson on Thursday and Jamie Lee Curtis, Rick Fox and professional dancer Cheryl Burke on Friday.

ABC’s “The View” is a natural comparison that people cite, though spokespeople for both shows don’t like the analogy. “We’re not really competing against them for ratings or guests,” a CBS official said.

“View” also has booked big names next week. Monday’s show features an appearance from Levi Johnston, and hosts Sherri Shepherd and Elisabeth Hasselbeck will reveal their mammogram results.

Appearances by Stephen Colbert, Arianna Huffington and guest co-host Maria Shriver are in the lineup for Tuesday, followed Wednesday by Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano, Rod Stewart and guest co-host Patricia Heaton.

Elton John, Leon Russell and T Bone Burnett perform Thursday, while a couple voted off ABC’s “Dancing With the Stars” also will appear. Tyler Perry will be among the Friday guests.

“View” is based in New York and airs at 11 a.m., while “Talk” will be based in Los Angeles and air live at 2 p.m. Eastern/1 p.m. Central, with the West Coast getting a 1 p.m. replay.

http://www.hollywood...-new-talk-30148</span>

Archived