Chris Goutman directing Y&R?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I disagree. I think Y&R doesn't deserve Goutman. All Maria will do anyway is completely ignore his advice and continue to try and blow the budget on ridiculous stunts they can't afford to effectively pull off.

Although I'd love to see an actor try to renegotiate a deal and him just outright firing them(like Granny Cooper). I want him to fire her so fuckiing bad. :)

• Members

Can this show be called Y&R still? blink.gif This is like a whole different... something, whatever it is.

The decomposition is complete no matter how you take it: whether Goutman will come or whether it will be Renfroe or some other soap's director.

The show should have evolved, but gradually, by investing in its talent, expanding it slowly, promoting from withing. Seasoned Y&R directors teaching younger people what Y&R was so that they can take the template in a somewhat new, better direction, appropriate for 2010 or whatever other year.

happy.gif

• Members

If Maria/Hogan/Hamner/Rauch had any intention of actually fixing Y&R I would agree but they're not.

Instead they're content giving puff interviews to the soap press who would coddle them rather then take them to task for their horrible product.

Jeanne is about the ONLY vet Maria won't bother with which is for the best since she will NOT go quietly. :lol:

• Members

Agreed--yes and no: Goutman kept the show as well as cast looking great on a shoe string budget; however, he sometimes went too far in terms of wrecking classic sets in the name of progress not realizing the sentimental value felt by fans. I can just see his plans for Kay's living room which has been the same since 1973. I do feel that he gets way too involved in story and micro-manages. Goutman bought ATWT a few extra seasons if the rumor that PGP wanted to send the show to Jersey is true. Regardless, he never had a good feel for the show and would kill Y&R.

• Members
Y&R is already dead. Might as well trash that bitch up with a producer who can bring some cheap, behind-the-scenes controversy with him.

I mean c'mon, Phyllis recast with Kim Rhodes?! Sharon recast with Terri Colombino?! Jill recast with Colleen Zenk?! Traci Abbott recast with Noelle Beck?! Nick recast with Austin Peck?! :lol:

• Members

Y&R is sick but not dead, yet. Yes, the show has serious problems; however, some stories are/have been well done and the ratings have held steady for a few years now while every other show totally tanked. My issue is, if ATWT was so great, why not just keep it on air instead of flooding Y&R with left overs? ATWT was a shell, and most of that was due to Goutman and his recasts. To save money, he really would recast Victor with Anthony Herra (sp?) LML wasn't perfect but it is time to bring her back. I can totally see MAB hiring Goutman. Hogan is the only thing that can stop it 'cause rumor was that he quit ATWT due to Goutman. Hogan, with all of his creative limits, is light years ahead of Gout.

Would love Van as NuHeather--that is love ;)

Archived