All - Returns that fizzled

• Members

What are some of the actor returns (either to a previous role or on a different soap) that were much publicized,but ended up,for whatever reason, as a disappointment?

eg

Marcy Walker coming back to daytime as Tangie on GL

Wayne Northrop's second stint as Roman on Days

Jacquie Courtney returning to her star making role as Alice on AW

Taylor Miller being lured to NBC to play Sally on AW

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sadly and truly disappointingly, Linda Dano as Rae on OLTL et al, and as Lena on GL.

Not highly publicized, but Rosa Nevin as Cecily on AMC.

I wish they'd given Julia Barr more to do this last go round.

• Members

Joanna Johnson's return to B&B

Patch and Kayla's return to DAYS

Thom Bierdz returning to Y&R

Maeve Maguire's return to EON

Bobbie Eakes' return to B&B

RKK's soap returns post-Bo Brady

Tony Geary's Bill Eckert return to GH

Tyler Christopher's return to GH

Genie Francis's post-2002 returns to GH

Kristina Wagner's return to GH

Sarah Brown's return to GH

Jonathan Jackson's return to GH

Vanessa Marcil Geiko Lizard's 2010 return to GH

• Members

I think some might have liked her first return, but the Reese one, definitely.

GH - Robin Christopher's return.

AMC - Eva la Rue's 2002-2005 return (just ask Eva herself, she went on about it enough)

I wasn't watching then but from what I've heard I guess Taylor Miller's AMC returns would be in here too?

• Members

Wouldn't it be easier to ask which return in this decade HASN'T fizzled?

Granted I'm bias, but I think the ONLY that have worked are Tracy Quartermaine-Spencer (Guza's lying, she's still married) and David Vickers. David is always great and he's around just long enough to appreciate but not too long to stink. Tracy blended back into the fabric of her show seamlessly - her only problem is that she's woefully underused.

Otherwise, no one seems to have worked well. I believe the jury is still out on Zendall on AMC.

Now having said that, I do believe Days is in a class of their own - they've had great successes (Victor, Stefano, Justin, Adrienne) and great disasters (fill in the blank)

• Members

I have to go with Jacquie Courtney's return, because it's the biggest disaster for its show, IMO. Courtney was so big a star in her first run that NBC should have trumpeted her return from the rooftops. But there was virtually no promotion and no story for her when she arrived. Truly mystifying.

• Members

So many wasted AMC ones in the past while. Brooke/Julia was ok for me (I was just glad to have her get an exit) but I agree more coulda been done. But compare that to characters who returned for years and never caught back on--like Maria's last stint, or more so the utterly wasted Sydney Penny/Julia's last stint (she barely even got a CD level story), I'd throw Dixie's last one in there, not actors who returned but I can think of characters who returned and fizzled but this might be more in poor recasts--but everyone from nuDimitri to when Rosa and Bobby came back (even though I liked both actors fine, particularly Campbell as Bobby, they just never knew what to do with them). Cecily (same actress) was mentioned--you'd have no idea why they even bothered bringing her back...

• Members

I think you mean Anita. I loved Campbell as Bobby also and never understood why he was axxed so fast while they kept Anita, who was the more boring and useless of that pairing. I thought Bobby and Greenlee had good chemistry and could have been a power couplem which might be why he was axxed as they were hell bent on forcing her with Ryan

• Members

I have absolutely no doubt that's why CC was fired. The second McTavish started toying with Bobby and Greenlee and their scenes were getting a positive response Bobby was beaten to a pulp by one of Zach's goons (IIRC) and written out.

Archived