Fabulous Stylish Women of Soaps

DaytimeFan

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Joan looked like a million bucks and displayed good comedic timing. Very good chemistry with David Spade and the actor who plays Timmy. The role is one that I wouldn't be surprised to see her reprise again. Joan told the CBS LA affiliate that she'd very much like to do more sitcom work, she'd be brilliant on Cougar Town.

• Members

How does 'Joanie' annihilate everything about her? It's a nickname many people close to her use and it's casual and fun, just like she is, no pretensions, the woman born Joan Henrietta Collins is, at this stage of the game Joanie Collins Reed Newley Kass Holm Gibson whose here to have a laugh, drink some white wine and lounge about the pool, looking maddeningly good at 77.

• Members

I agree, she would be briliant on Cougar town. I always felt Joan was VERY good at comedy. I always looked forward to her appearances on Roseanne as cousin Ronnie. I still remember that hilarious confrontation scene about her wedding... "Do you know why I didn't invite you to my wedding? Because there wasn't enough tangerine CHIFF-on in the whole state of Illinois to make YOUR DRESS!" You could tell Roseanne was REVELING in her scenes with Joan, calling her a bitch.. and then Joan retorting, "I'm a bitch!!? I bow to the queen of all bitches".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UWYb3N7jHA

• Members

What I find interesting about Joan's work, post-Dynasty is that it's been comprised of comedies (Tonight at 8:30, Roseanne, The Nanny, Will & Grace and Rules of Engagement) and melodramas (Pacific Palisades, Guiding Light, Footballer's Wives, Hotel Babylon and Miss Marple)...but ZERO dramatic work on television. Not one Law & Order, not one CSI, not one ER, nothing. I have to think that this is intentional on her part, especially with Law & Order, a series that practically screams for her kind of work. I wonder if Joan just doesn't like dramatic work and prefers the lighter stuff she plays.

And I have to say, I think Roseanne proved that Joan could really excel with good comedic writing. I am still surprised she didn't nab an Emmy nomination for that guest shot.

Archived