Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

That's a great print promo. Hard to imagine any media outlet paying this much attention to promote a daytime soap for a print ad. Production companies do this in the trade magazines to promote their Oscar contenders but short of some miracle, I think we're past soaps ever doing this again. 

'89 should have been the last time we saw James Stenbeck, when Paul shot him, unless there was a damn good story to bring him back. The one that brought him back over a decade later wasn't it though.

• Members

I get that Stenbeck was originally meant to be a goner in '83 but his return in '86 was done so well-- probably the best written and executed return of a character that I have seen on a soap. So, I get that the temptation was there for another writing regime to bring the character back but by the end of the 90s, the writers knew so little about that far back in the show's history that, honestly, they should've just left it alone. The last regime to write him, wrote him as a complete caricature.

• Members

So I guess that was the Marcy before the blonde one, who got married to Linc? Funny how some names get repeated- I almost said the "first Marcy", but to me, that would be Marcy Thompson who was portrayed by Marisa Tomei.

I'd like to see more scenes between Susan and Lyla. I was on and off with my viewing of this show at this time and no doubt missed conversations between the two about being in a relationship with a younger man. Lyla's relationship with Cal does not seem to be of the kind that has permanent possibilities. I wonder whether it was always intended to be for a finite period of time.

I really hope someone can do a vlog or livestream interview with Parker Posey about her time on ATWT this year. Any interview with her that I have seen or read has never been boring.

I am going to say something that might be shocking and many will, no doubt disagree but, I don't hate Courtney. Is she overwrought, melodramatic and whiny? Yes, but she was deeply insecure and had the character stayed on the canvas a bit longer, she would have matured to the point where she could've played a more useful role especially seeing as Andy never married or had a solid relationship after she left, which imo, diminished his prospects for longevity on the canvas. Lily and Roseanna found a place on the canvas, I think with more work, Courtney could have too.