Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Definitely a weak ad, but I loved the story and my unpopular opinion will always be that Craig and Lucinda had heat and passion (that I found and still find lacking with him and Sierra) and that they should have had long term affair through the years. And not just such a one-sided obsession as was written for Lucinda toward Craig. 

• Members

Thanks for answering.

I just remember that my mother was really into this. I barely remember everything coz I was like 6/7. I do remember a sub story during that year in which Lisa was with a men that was after her money. I loved Lisa.

I just remember that Mark was gone someday and that my mother was mad that there was a different Connor. It seemed like they were on air every freaking day. ( a bit exaggerated)

I’m someone that gives every character a chance and try’s to accept them or at least tolerate them. But Mark and Connors dialogue was dreadful. Normally I have nothing against romantic dialogue. I don’t know if it was the actors delievery of the lines but it was just cringe and corny. I tried to give them another chance but nah. They are not my cup of tea

• Members

Been re-watching the 1990 episodes…

I underestimated Heather Rattray.  Originally I think I dismissed her because she wasn’t Martha Byrne and she is just so pretty…but I find her really appealing and I'm enjoying the new directions she takes Lily in.  She definitely holds her own against the ATWT heavyweights and brings new dimensions to the spoiled little rich girl…more assured and less the victim as Martha Byrne portrayed her.  She was a much-needed reset for the character.

Edited by gimmetoo

• Members

I'm going to put this here (bad news - please don't shoot the messenger) because I'm--obviously from my avatar--a huge ATWT fan. But I was a fan of many the P&G soaps. I figure from here it can spread around the board.

I just got off a Zoom call with Trent Dawson and Colleen Zenk - I donated to Trent's theater company to get the call - and Colleen gave me the most disheartening, gut-wrenching news. P&G wiped EVERYTHING. Once Roger Newcomb, who had been hired to digitize and get all of those DVDs out in...what? 2012? 2013?...anyway, once that went south and P&G took the rights back, they destroyed every tape/digital copy of all of their programming. They wanted nothing to do with those soap operas ever again.

So unfortunately--but at least now fans can stop wondering why--they will never see the light of day. They're gone. Colleen and I both talked about what an absolute loss and waste that is for television history. I'm still sitting here mindblown. So what we've got on YouTube is all we've got and will ever have. Cherish it!

• Members

I want to get more word on that, but even if it is true, sadly I had accepted a long time ago we were never seeing any of that anyway. The only thing to hope for is that eventually some type of ardent support system can exist to find old soap material along the lines of those that exist to find other old TV content, and try to find every last scrap of stuff floating around that we  can. 

Edited by DRW50