Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Gay or straight, Gregg Marx had incredible chemistry with Hillary Bailey Smith. They could just trade looks and it looked so intense. Scott Holmes was nice and he didn't have bad chemistry with HBS better with Dolan but by the time Marx left the role, I realized that there would be no more passionate chemistry with Tom and Margo-- for me, there just wasn't.

• Members

Her daughter Katherine Phillips apparently was working on something after her mother's death.

She placed an ad in Variety in 76 asking for contributions to a planned biography.

For a biography of Irna Phillips (creator and writer of soap operas, 1901-1973). I would appreciate any information, letters, photographs or memoribilia.Katherine L. Phillips 6 2 0 N. Michigan Avenue Chicago

Edited by Paul Raven

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Great episode, not a dull moment.

Hey, it's Victoria Rowell playing Nella!

It's kind of ridiculous that Kirk won a brand new car, while Casey got that scuzzy little rabbit's foot! Gosh, even Nella got a prize package of designer clothes from Fashions!

Jennifer Ashe was so good in this episode, you really see the progression of the Meg character from brazen and wide eyed teen to adult woman. You see hope wrestle with cynicism but she still has that longing-- that longing was once for the finer things but now that she has them in an requited relationship, her longing is now for love. Her scenes with William Fichtner are really good but I am still unnerved by Rod/Josh's history and therefore can't be accepting of that relationship.

That kiss between Kirk and Iva (lol). I loved them, it's a shame they didn't get a genuine chance to be a long lasting couple. They were interesting together.

Speaking of interesting, as a kid, I never thought much of Pam and Beau but now, I kind of appreciate the interesting contrast they provided to other couples on the show. In a way, they were one of the more modern couples at the time. And unlike Lily and Holden (poor little rich girl and the farmer boy), Pam and Beau were more equals.

Tonio was a real pig (lol) but I wish they hadn't completely turned him into a wannabe arch villain years later. I would've preferred him just being a philandering womanizer who takes short cuts in business to achieve what he wants. It seems like the show was looking for a Stenbeck wannabe later on when they had Tonio shoot Bob and run down to Montega. Still, compared to today's ridiculous storylines, Tonio could've been revived and made viable in a less ridiculous manner than many characters on today's soaps.

• Members

Thanks.

I hope there are more episodes with Victoria as Nella. That one amounted to her standing up on the stage for a minute.

Most of the episode was cohesive, but you could tell it was strike material by several things:

- that OTT, completely pointless scene with Holden, Josh, and the gun

- that OTT end with Josh screaming down the line about the baby just as Tonio walked in

Who was the girl with Andy? How long was she around?

Tonio was so wan, it was difficult to believe him in the uber-villian role down the line. I'm glad that after he was written out, Marland retired that idea.