September 20 - 24, 2010

Toups

• Members

GL was still managing to compete with the other soaps until the production model switch so the southern markets had to have mattered.

And GH is only ahead because Days has lost a ton of viewers since the beginning of the year, but whatever, we can just agree to disagree.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I like the actress but have never liked Mac. Like, I get why Jill used to abuse her! JT needs to go, too. Billy and Cloe are the perfect couple. I still liked Latham's Y&R better and miss Brad as well as Gloria stealing the Abbot's house. Y&R is such a mess. They need another Hogan super villian just to revive the canvus because the current cast is way pathetic. Also, more Nikki, now!

• Members

We can agree to disagree but Day's ened up in HH for the year as did GH. While your mom may have switched to cable, not all viewers did. Also, cable sign ups are down due to the economy so viewers will need to go somewhere. ATWT and GL had the lowest income viewers so these people are most likely unable to flip to cable. I remember reading that ATWT did best in Tenn and Alabama which are the two poorest states.

• Members

I think it did happen. GH is the only ABC soap not to loose viewers. The writing is dreck, worse than AMC, and the Franco stunt was a bust. Gh probably did pick something up in those southern markets, just enough to stop a decline. Gains don't need to be huge and, sometimes, the gains just make up for losses which will occur as the genre dies.

• Members

I would never try to tell you what do, but I truly wouldn't bother. I'm not expecting OLTL to go up that but much it at all, but it could get a 10.6 and the same people will always have something negative to say about. It's just way it is. Do like me and take Wendy Williams advice, "Put it where? Back there"

• Members

Why even bother to argue? Obviously you are steadfast in your belief, even though neither side really has any evidence to back up their claim. Hasn't GH been ABC's No. 1 soap for awhile now? And, as someone mentioned earlier, DAYS has lost a lot of audience, allowing GH to move ahead.

The only way to settle the argument, at least for this week is if OLTL actually loses viewers from the previous week. I agree with an earlier opinion that OLTL seems to always be feast or famine (it's in a famine stage IMO right now). Unfortunately, I don't see OLTL getting any better anytime soon with its EP and HW getting contract extensions.

BTW, as a resident of the great state of Tennessee, I take offense at your comment about TN being one of the two poorest in the nation. (You can talk smack about Alabama all you want to, I don't care, and even encourage it.) TN may be one of the poorer states, but it certainly is not in the bottom two. TN and the rest of the South must be doing something right, otherwise all those Yankees wouldn't move down here when y'all retire!

• Members

Depends on how they are spinning the ratings reports every week. LOL If ratings only include live + DVR, then don't you know the soap is extremely popular online. If counting all sources still shows ratings are low, then onliners are minimal in numbers and not worth counting.

Archived