September 20 - 24, 2010

Toups

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I feel that OLTL will still be in the cellar ratingswise. I think it will probably get 20-30,000 ATWT viewers and that is about it. It will not make any impact on OLTL's ratings and maybe a slight impact in the viewership numbers. I have OLTL back on my DVR tomorrow due to Kim Zimmer's arrival.

The only soap I am now watching is B&B (only since last week lol) and I am loving this Stephanie/Brooke storyline, and hoping to see some decent growth for that show.

• Members

Where are the numbers? Really wish Days would go up. Considering how poor Y&R is becoming (Victoria and Mac up front and center,) would like to see Days move back to the 2.1 range like 10 months ago. I'm convinced OLTL will gain something with the end of World. If nothing else, nursing homes across the nation must be flipping networks at 2pm ;) Half the fans on meds won't even notice the difference. Seriously, I think the average viewer isn't a total network loyalist nor to lazy to flip channels. When CBS did sports coverage, a few fans must have sampled other shows over the years. I remember one of my ex's loving OLTL and we'd watch once in a while. People with no cable and poor TV reception have historically stuck to certain channels. As we drop to six soaps, I can't see the old example of AW holding true. There is a reminant of soap viewers who will watch just about anything--example, ATWT fans. Also, the networks have made efforts to steal 'stars' to up ratings: Roger Howarth, (OLTL, ATWT); Matgret Collins (ATWT; OLTL) the kid who played Eddie moving from ATWT to OLTL; Maura moving from ATWT/Y&R. There must be some fan transit or the networks wouldn't be wasting the money.

I need a soap to watch. I no longer enjoy Y&R and think Ma Bell makes Latham look like a pro; B&B is so lame! Any suggestions on what to watch? I've considered Days but haven't watched in years. Maybe I should just give up on the genre like I planned and read.

• Members

OLTL won't get ATWT audience. They are gone. I wish you'd stop with ATWT viewers going to OLTL. Did the GL viewers go to GH....ummmmm...no.

Go outside..smell the roses....I dont recommend any soap left. They all suck equally in my opinion.

• Members

Saving ATWT, I have started watching B&B again since this Stephanie storyline started last week and I am loving it. KKL (whom I was never a fan of) is knocking me out. It is a classic soap tale. (And I have been mocking B&B's horrendousness for the last 3 years. And I still feel that it did not deserve any Best Show emmys. Mr. Bell learned the Jill Farren Phelps emmy "special episode" gimmick and played it well... But if this storyline doesn't implode, B&B may end up being the best soap on the air.

If you are a Kim Zimmer fan, OLTL may become somewhat watchable. You can always count on OLTL to be supremely unwatchable or the best soap going, very rarely in between,

• Members

GL was a morning soap in most markets, not running up against GH; however, the fact that GH is the only 3pm soap might explain why it is the number 1 ABC soap. It is either the lack of options or Sonny. I highly doubt it is Sonny.

I used to love B&B but got lost over the last year as Hope and Stephie took over. The cancer story does seem like checking out. I like watching the shows live so can't do both AMC and Days. Hmmm, gonna need to think this over. Wishing Y&R would get past this lame phase. The Adam/Patty stuff was fun contrasted against this Father knows Best theme. Victoria and Mac can't handle leading roles. I do like nuMalcolm and his gf ut she isn't getting enough airtime.

• Members

GL was still at 3pm in most southern markets where the majority of CBS line up watchers were located, and I doubt most of them flipped to GH.

Like I said last week why would people just turn to another soap in droves when they have been watching one for years? My mom is in the coveted women 18-49 demo and she is not watching OLTL or GH, she is watching cable.

• Members

I'm not talking 2.3 million viewers, just 100,000-200,000 which is nothing, the population of a small city in a nation of 300 million people. GL was dropped by a handul of channels, flipped to mornings so, overall those southern markets don't add up to very much. As another example, wasn't GH ranking below Days last year this time? Maybe, just maybe, did GH get a boost out of those southern markets after GL died? Maybe the losse of competition with GL gave GH a small boost.

Archived