All: Least talked about eras

• Members

For a variety of reasons it always seems there are some periods of soaps that aren't discussed that much or seem to have a lot of forgotten storylines. These are some periods/eras I've noticed this with:

AW 1992-1995

ATWT 1983-85, 1997-2000

B&B 1987-1992

Days 1987-1990 or so and 1992

Y&R 1994-1997

I don't think shows were entirely bad, they just had less memorable stuff.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

DAYS 1987-1992, OLTL 1981-1984 and ATWT 1992-1994, 1997-2000 would take the cake for being the the least talked about.

Also for GL, the pre Dobsome era in the 70s counts as well as 2000 to 2002.

While AW didn't exactly go off the tracks exactly after Swajeski left, very little is said about Peggy Sloane's tenure, or the Cullitons (Richard and Carolyn's respectively).

• Members

Not sure I agree about Days 1987-1992(ish) not being discussed much. I know there's a lot of stuff in there that isn't often discussed, but the amount of discussion I come across regarding Patch/Kayla and Jack/Jen -- that period encompasses pretty much the entirety of both couples' original stories -- makes up for the lack of focus on the rest of the show.

• Members

I don't mean to undercut those years, as I've heard of some good stories (like Natalie's rape) and then you had Tad/Dixie, who were hugely popular, and you had stories like Laura Cudahy's death. But from what I've heard and some I've seen the show was kind of aimless in those years and suffering from lack of popular characters. In terms of AMC and buzz or big moments it seems like a lot of the time people skip over a lot of that era, and go from, say, Jenny's death via jet ski, to stuff like Will Cortlandt's murder or Janet/Natalie.

• Members

Wasn't it around 88 or 89 that AMC hit #1? I'm extremely interested in this era because it seemed to me that it was a time when the nuAMC seemed to be hitting it's peak after a number of departures in the mid 80s. I watched some of the episodes of Adam's stroke and end of Brooke/Adam's marriage and was awed how well done it all was. It's interesting how this period is kind of overlooked by fans.

• Members

AMC hit #1 for a week in December 1987. I believe this was during Ross Chandler's trial for raping Natalie.

I found this:

http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we/Archives?p_product=CSTB&p_theme=cstb&p_action=search&p_maxdocs=200&p_topdoc=1&p_text_direct-0=0EB36DA1575FF3C6&p_field_direct-0=document_id&p_perpage=10&p_sort=YMD_date:D&s_trackval=GooglePM

(You have to pay to get the full article)

Archived