All: Least talked about eras

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There is stuff you hear though--birth of Bianca, the infamous dream ep of Erica and all her husbands (wish that was on youtube), . Wasn't Brian not added till Behr and early McTavish? Anyway I find much of that era quite clear--I guess cuz I started watching then, to be fair.

AMC had hit number one before in the late 70s. But I think by 1989 AMC was seen to have too many characters and need a bit of a shakeup that's why Behr was rehired (she had been a producer on the show throughout the 70s) as EP, and Maggie DePriest (initially) was hired.

Surely nearly any era, but particularly the full 80s, of Loving counts ;)

• Members

You are so knowledgable about Loving, you should tell us more.

I wonder a lot about the 90-92 stuff...beyond Casey and Allie I'm not sure how much of that is online. Wasn't that around the time of the Wild West story, and the revolving door of Clays, and so on, and Carter Jones.

• Members

I thought Barbara looked good with her hair (extensions?) like that, most of her run she sported the Whitney Houston triangle jheri curl fro.

The late '80s/early '90s clips really highlight how Susan began to anti-age a short few years later. New nose, new teeth, rejuvenated face, softer hair and makeup, flirtier clothes.

*Carl I posted without even seeing your comment before me. :D

• Members

I thought she looked best with short and more straight hair, like in her last GL run. Generally I say no to straightening hair but with her the curls didn't work for me. I guess it's the Linda Dano type of hair.

Too bad she's not on a soap today. She played great determined woman/b!tch. Still wonder why she was cast as a heroine on GH. I never actually found a GH fan who LIKED Anne.

• Members

Re: the many Clays and Isabelles... I didn't catch much of Larkin as Clay, I know Eric liked him. I had a picture from an old SOU/M with Dinah Lee drunk/high and showing her tail with patrician Clay (Larkin) and super sleek Gwyn looking on, Christine Tudor looked so good in that pic. I think I tossed it. :( I wish I knew Carl back then, I would have sent him the hundred or so soap mags we'd accrued. Recycled them all before we moved.

• Members

You recycled them? You saved the planet but you lost your soul!!!

:P

I wish I had seen Loving back then. I would have loved to have watched the underdog soap and felt important and such, and also got to see some great actors and interesting characters. Loving seemed like such a tight knit show. By the time I started it was almost over.

I wonder how Pat Barry was as Isabelle. It's hard for me to imagine her and Celeste Holm or Augusta Dabney playing the same character. Frankly Pat always kind of annoyed me in her roles.

• Members

It looks like a toupee! No wonder some fans said Susan Pratt did not have one good hairstyle during her first AMC run.

I liked her hair here better, still not fantastic, but one of the better looks I've seen on her (I didn't see her last AMC run though).

I think they were talking about Susan Lucci. I also thought it was Pratt at first. :lol:

• Members

LOL @Social Security, but yeah, when AM was cast everyone was saying how much she looked like Susan which I found particularly interesting seeing as how she'd apparantly read for several roles on AMC over the years and no one ever had the lightbulb moment to save her for Kendall or just cut to the chase and bring Kendall back with her in the role. (<--run-on sentence)

Yeah, Barbara looked good with those smart '80s short cuts as well, like Louise Sorel. It's weird how she's been written as bored get-a-life bitchy housewife on her recent visits, they didn't seem to play up to the fact that she was a career woman. So wait, did we or did we not see her daughter Molly? Just Shawn, right?

*As a young adult I mean.

Archived