Kathryn Hays speaks on ATWT ending

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree with her. The American TV audience has to have not only the worst taste ever, but the dumbest taste. How many talk shows can one person watch? If you watch The View, why would you want to watch these people talk? For that matter, why would you want to watch the View? :P

There is nothing these people ever say that has the slightest bit of intelligence or honesty. Sharon Osborne is not qualified to offer cogent analysis on any topic not covered by People Magazine. She has nothing to say, just like that brain dead Shepard woman on The View. Women do themselves a disservice watching this tripe.

• Members

Although she was never one of my favorite ATWT actors or characters, except during the Douglas Cummings & Sabrina storylines, I always got the sense that she was a down-to-earth person. This interview confirms it. she is so right about those other shows not having a "soul" -- that's what makes soaps great -- especially when you witness the evolution of a character over years (decades), but it usually happens a little everyday or week or month -- other forms of storytelling can't do that. Just watch a primetime serial's episodes back to back as evidence of that.

Archived