Days: 45 years of days!

• Members

In lew of the 45th anniversary, who are your top 45 characters? Your favorite weddings? Favorite short-lived character? Character that lasted so long but you wish was gone? Favorite family? Villian/Villianess? How would you celebrated the 45th anniversary?

I would love to see a big gala honoring a wing in Tom and Alice's Honor with a waiting area as a replica of the Horton Living room and many hortons return along with the donovans, Eugene & Calliope, Liz, Neil, Phyllis Anderson, Susan Martin, Greg Peters, and many more. Have Julie, Kate, Vivian, Sami & Nicole in scenes together and do a tribute to bad girls/a tribute to Brenda Benet and Lee.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Kristen/Susan and John's wedding in the summer of 1997. "Holy Matrimony!" It was amazing. It featured reveal after reveal after reveal -- like peeling back the layers of an onion as Kristen's treachery was revealed to John in front of pretty much the whole town. Susan's charade was discovered by Laura; Kristen and Marlena were finally found in the secret room; Marlena revealed Kristen's deception to a horrified John; Kristen held Marlena at gunpoint and was later carted off to jail with Vivian and Ivan... good stuff. Such an amazing payoff.

I also liked the Sami/Austin wedding in the summer of 1997 -- the one where Carrie came busting in with proof that Sami was lying about Will's paternity.

The 2002 Austin/Sami Vegas wedding was great as well. Alison Sweeney has never delivered a better performance than she did with this storyline, IMO.

Oh, and who can forget the Carrie/Austin wedding that Sami ruined by busting in and announcing that she was pregnant with Austin's baby?

I have a fondness for soap psychos, so I have to say Ali McIntyre. Jan Spears was great too after she was recast with Heather Lindell. Oh, and Ava Vitali, played by Tamara Braun.

I couldn't even begin to list the number of pointless characters who have worn out their welcome over the years, Roman Brady as played by Josh Taylor tops all. He's terrible.

Stefano DiMera, pre-2002.

Kristen Blake DiMera, post-1995.

Vivian Alamain, pre-1998.

Sami Brady, pre-2003.

MarDevil. :)

Nicole Walker. She's more of a vixen than a villainess though.

Kate Roberts. Ditto what I said for Nicole.

• Members

Days... Oh, i love this show.

Most of my favorite things stem from the 90's, because well i was alive and watched it. lol. The 2000's were pretty bad, but had good moments/storys. Some of my standout storylines would be Bo & Billie in LA, Carly buried alive, Sami & Austins entire vegas wedding storyline (everyone arriving, the build up, the downfall, him leaving her, etc..), The start of the killings, Sami's baby switch, The Killing Pool... so many.

Characters i miss and wish would return? None, really. I wouldnt mind seeing them pop up here and there, but the canvas is really good right now. Id like to see more of Julie, but not only with Hope. I think Bill Horton is really one of the few people who could add to story. Tho, i do miss several people. Id Sami didnt have Rafe i would say Austin. Id love to see them bring Sarah Horton on and pair her up with EJ or Brady.

Crazy nurse Ali, Nicoles little sister Taylor, Colin Murphey... three characters i loved that most others didnt. lol.

Characters i hated?.. I never understood the appeal of boring Carrie. I hope she never returns. Hope, of course. I didnt hate Lucas, but i also dont miss him at all. jack! Oh man jack, i hated him so much and hope he never returns. jennifer is much better off without him.

As for familys, the Kirkias family, and the people connected to them. Like, Victor, Justin, Bo, Philip, Brady, Izzy of course, but i also enjoyed scene of Victor/Caroline, Victor/Bell, adding Sami, Lucas, Vivian, and Kate in for a bit in the 90's, more recently i really liked Stephanie in the mix with them too.

Least liked family... the bradys. Aside from Sami and Bo, they can all die. lol.

My fave wedding would have to be, as i said above, Sami & Austin in Vegas. hands down.

least liked stories... so many, where to begin? lol. Pretty much Hogans entire run, esp santeen. the second half of the murders.theisland.the return/etc.. god, that was bad. touch the sky prob takes this cake tho... hope in PM was pretty bad too.

here is something random, i remember when the truth about hope/john came out and they thought he was jts dad, nbc ran print adds in magazines and it had pix of john/mar/bo/hope/shawn/belle, i dont remember what it said exactly, but it always has stuck with me. lol.

top characters? Sami, without a doubt. kristen, Maggie, Belle, Marlena, Julie, Victor, Stefano, Bo, Jenn, Philip, Morgan Hollingsworth! lol, are some of my faves of the top of my head.

• Members

Character whose stay has lasted to long?

RAFE!! UGH...and Daniel.

Favorite Family?

The DiMera's, and also Kate/Lucas/Philip (always love when they interact, wish it could happen more with Kate/Philip these days).

Least favorite family?

The Hernandez's! All of them.

Favorite Villain?

Stefano DiMera

Top favorite characters..

Marlena, EJ, Stefano, Sami, Kate, Jennifer, Nicole, Lexie, Hope, & Chloe.

Least favorite characters..

RAFE, CAROLINE, Stephanie, Carrie, Gabby, Arianna, Daniel, & Roman.

Favorite storyline...

I loved the Salem Stalker storyline...that was the first storyline i got to see when I started watching DAYS so i just loved it, I thought it was the best thing around...LOL still kinda do. I used to have dreams every single day about it, especially when Tony got mauled by that tiger. I remember I was SHOCKED when it was revealed Marlena was the killer. And I also was crying so hard when she got shot on the prison rooftop sad.gif I was sad about that for a long time lol.

I liked the Stan storyline as well! I had NO idea what was going on behind the scenes though cause I was out of the loop...didn't care to much then. I just watched the soaps and didn't read the mags or go on the net or anything, lol.

Least favorite storyline..

Touch the sky airlines....every time I think about it I cringe! Horrid storyline!

Favorite short lived characters..

Jan Spears..I miss her so much, and also Patrick Lockhart!!

• Members

Thanks. I remember some of the offcamera stuff (I still have the Weeklys somewhere where they interviewed a ton of old cast members, back in 95-96 -- that was one of the things which introduced me to DAYS). I wasn't sure if they ever did a lot on the show itself. I guess though some shows would find that too contrived, which I can understand.

Guest dc cubs

I can't remember which big anniversary it was but it featured Alice visiting someone in the hospital. It might have been Carrie and Alice was telling her memories of things in Salem and the show features some flashbacks. I also remember some Anniversary promos which I think were for the 25th that showed some highlights of the past years. Other than that I don't remember Days doing much in the way of anniversary shows.

• Members

Could never pick 45, but I loved Sami in her 90's heydey, Lucas, Kristen, Jennifer, Hope.

Aside from the bitches, DAYS has never really been a characters show for me. But I started watching in 95.

I loved Peter and Jennifer's Aremid wedding in 1995. I'm voting against Austin/Carrie's wedding because it's everyone's favorite and I'm not a huge fan of the reveal for that one. :P

Several. Sarah, Lou, & The Parrot Man. Even 15 years later, I'm still trying to make Aremid happen.

Oh, and Ghoul Girl Chloe.

Shawn/Belle/Mimi/Phillip/Chloe

I should mention one of the things I enjoyed about 90's DAYS was when couples would drive up to the cabin at Green Mountain Lodge. It was usually the source of lots of drama and romance.

• Members

Character whose stay has lasted to long?

So much. Rafe Hernandez, Alex North, Roman Brady (Josh Taylor), Melanie Layton, Daniel Jonas, Austin Reed, Chloe Lane

Favorite Family?

The DiMera's,Horton's, Kiriakis', & Alamain's.

Least favorite family?

The Hernandez's, The Brady's

Favorite Villain?

Stefano DiMera, Kristen Blake, Lexie Carver, Vivian Alamain, & Princess Gina.

Top favorite characters..

Lexie Carver, Kristen Blake, Carly Manning, Jack Deveraux, Victor Kiriakis, Isabella Toscano, Vivian Alamain, Belle Black (Martha Madison only), Anna DiMera, Nicole Walker

Least favorite characters..

Daniel Jonas, Rafe Hernandez, Melanie Layton, Billie Reed, Belle Black (Kirsten Storms & Charity Rahmer), Shawn Douglas Brady, Mimi Lockheart, Max Brady

Favorite storyline...

1. Carly buried alive.

2. Aremid

3. Maison Blanche

4. Kristen/John/Marlena

5. Lexie/Hope Babyswitch, Evil Lexie

6. The Possession

7. Isabella's death.

8. Sami/Carrie/Austin/Lucas

9. Coronation Massacre

10. Philip/Belle affair

Least favorite storyline..

-Virtual Eden

-Sami/Carrie/Austin/Lucas Part 2

-Rafe/Sami/EJ

-Daytime/Nighttime Hope

-Iraq

-Sami/Stan

-The Salem Stalker

-Alex North

-Lexie's multiple affairs

-Touch the Sky

-Tinder Lau (The Belle & Shawn kidnapping storyline started off really great but fizzled real fast.)

Favorite Weddings:

-John & Susan's Elvis Wedding.

-Austin & Sami's Vegas Wedding

-Brady & Chloe

Favorite short lived characters..

Jan Spears..I miss her so much, and also Patrick Lockhart!!

Archived