Days: Deidre Hall Sues Fan Club President

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The perils of soap actors and their fans getting too close. Hall should have had a paid assistant or family member run the Web site, not a fan. Soap actors will never learn. They want the adoration and the free hard work, their fans put in.

• Members

Fans do that kind of stuff for free all the time. Look at all the GH fans selling juice for Steve Burton? He get's all the cash and they get a phone call from Jason Morgan.

Crystal Chapell and Eden Riegel milk the lesbians for everything they're worth.nOt so much Eden any longer , but she sure did in the past. Most ditched her when she went to Y&R.

Happens all the time and the fans are happy to do it.

• Members

Love this!!!

I can't stand Hall (she seems such a plastic ass "my [!@#$%^&*] don't stink" phony, she always came off so cold to me, I could never see how anyone liked her.) so I am more then willing to blame her for the fair share of this, however, it seems it was two sided with that CRAZEE ass fan (moving cross country to be near a soap star...WTF) Most likely Hall saw that she could use this nutball for free work and services and then the nutball turned on her.

I especiall LURVE the line where she says Hall told her to "touch up," pictures of her kids, including making her son look "skinnier," LOL...I can see that coming from Ms. Botox herself!

• Members

I think the $17,000 is an inflated number but if Diere wants the rights to the website and all the work that the fan put into it, then she should pay her. If she's not willing, then she needs to keep it moving and start her own website, fan club, etc... from scratch

• Members

But that is my point, most of these soap actors don't want to spend money on their own publicity. They secretly think that the fans are obsessive nutjobs (which most of them are), but they are willing to use them to do free publicity labor and then act shocked when they start acting nutty. Hall is as much to blame for this situation.

• Members

Exactly. I think she should do it as a sign of good faith and appreciation. Maintaining a website can be time consuming and expsensive especially if the fan ponyed up all the costs by herself. I dont think she should just handle control over it bc Hall wants it. Hall is crazy to think she should without at least some sort of compensation

at the same time, the fan owes Deidre nothing at all. If Deidre didnt put any money into creating or maintiang this website, then she should just get it just because. The fan didnt just come out and start demanding money from her. It seems more like a counterclaim that a lawyer came up with bc Deidre sued her first.

• Members

She isnt asking to be reimbursed. Thats ONLY bc Hall is demanding that she give her control of the website. If Hall wasnt paying for it, then she shouldnt ask for it . She should leave it alone. The fan paid for it. She paid to have it maintained and she took her free time to work on it. Why should she be forced to just give that all away simply bc Hall wants it? It does not beleong to Hall. If she wants to buy it then thats a different story but she wants a freebie here.

• Members

Exactly. I bet if instead of hiring a lawyer to file the sue, Hall had drawn up a confidentiality agreement, offered this woman $10,000 for the domain name and labor she put in, the woman would have been thrilled and moved on. After all, she is unemployed and could use the money. Hall put herself in this situation and has made it worse. It isn't on the fan.

Archived