B&B: September Discussion Thread

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just loved all the scenes with the family meeting the baby! Stephanie was right, it really all was a little awkward. I secretly am hoping that Bridgette really does stay with Owen and Jackie, it'll just be more fun that way...LOL. Jackie is a true nut, and WTH was up with her and Rick?!

I came here to ask about the same thing LOL! I thought that budge was just a little nickname by some posters for Bridgette, but after hearing Rick call call her that today, I'm wondering how that name came about on the show?? haha

ITA...it is a little much. I hope what Hope said to him on Wednesday's show had an effect on him. He needs to loosen up a bit about Liam.

• Members

I don't think there is a story behind the nickname, but he's called her that since they were kids. I use that nickname for her sometimes, but I never mean it as an insult. I just think it's funny.

Not everyone can bounce back from giving birth as quickly as Heidi Klum. laugh.gif The episodes we are seeing now were probably only filmed 6 weeks or so after she had her baby.

• Members

I don't exactly remember it's genesis, but I think original teen Rick (the one who shot Grant) started referring to her as "Budge".

I think it's cute.

I don't get how/why Steph is calling out Bridget as some harlot. Owen was married too. And you'd think Steph would abhor Jackie's little wind up sex toy anyway, and those tasteless ads. I don't get why Steph is constantly berating Brooke for using her sexuality, and yet her "friend" Jackie gets a pass. It's another of the annoying double standards Steph has where the Logans are concerned.

• Members

I'm pretty sure she had it in July, but they are still hiding her behind pillows and such. I'm not sure why they bother since they wrote in that Donna had a weight problem. Maybe they don't want to have to explain how she's skinny again in a month or so, who knows what Brad is thinking?

• Members

God, the beach/cove scenes on B&B look fake, fake, fake.

At the top of Ed Scott's list should be securing a lease for a coastal CA town that can serve as "Malibu" and the surrounding area for all the outdoor scenes on this show. Would save money(in the studio less), save space for another set, and it would just look better. Sunset Beach and Santa Barbara were both awesome shows and part of that had to do with how often they did outdoor scenes.

• Members

But I agree with Bridget---Jackie's insistance that Logan is just as much her child as Bridget and Owen's is infuriating. It's not just Jackie basking in Owen's happiness, it's her overcompensating because she's threatened by this bond Budge now has with Owen. Yes, as long as Jackie's married to Owen, she has a role in Logan's life. But she's clearly overstepping those bounds, criticizing Logan's name, making Steph some "matriarchal" influence in his life, etc.

However, I did kind of chuckle listening to Bridget today---who clearly sounded like Brooke every time she invoked her "soulmate" ramblings while Ridge was married to TayTay. At least Brooke had a solid reason to feel the way she did. Bridget has nothing but a tawdry ONS on her side. When she said "there's a reason Logan (survived) when her other children died", I nearly burst out laughing, which I'm sure wasn't their intent. AJ just looked so fervently delusional, it was spooky.

• Members

Sure, but what I'm getting at is Budge is the one who intruded into Jackie's marriage. Child or not she is the outsider. Jackie is definitely being written as delusional here and it's sort of annoying. I wish she didn't care about the baby at all and was acting like an ass about how it's interfering in her life. That would be more in character, I think. But of course, Bridgette has to go nuts over Owen and Jackie has to go nuts over the kid. rolleyes.gif

• Members

I think it goes both ways, but it just takes a lot of nerve, imo to call the wife of the person you got pregnant by the intruder. It just shows a lack of self awareness that is very Brooke like. All that matters is Bridgette's feelings and her latest soulmate *read destiny*. I'll admit I sort of liked the way she discounted Nick's meaning in her life all of a sudden, but it just reeks of Bridgette going to down the same path as her mother with a new soulmate every few months.

Archived