Next soap to fall?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

How much of a saving grace is going to HD really? When GH & AMC were going to HD, Jamey Giddens said it was a way to make the studios they film at HD ready using the soap budget, so when they replaced they don't have to then. So if that's true, all OLTL (or DAYS even) going HD means is that studios they film at will already upgraded when the axe eventually falls.

I think the ABC soaps have more than a year. I think they'll wait till Soapnet leaves & see if they get any bump and then the axe will come down sometime afterwards.

• Members

The ATWT thread are zero to none now. I will not being posting on them when they move to the cancelled part of SON. I've stopped watching soaps completely now. I dont record anything anymore or watch Soapnet. I just am not sure if I will leave with a bang!:lol: I'd love to do it but weighing my options.:lol:

• Members

I don't even know why we start these threads.

ABC seems like its committed regardless which is something CBS/NBC isn't IMO.

Also ABC will WAIT at least one year to see how the ratings are after ATWT is offically gone.

SoapSuds. I never got the chance to post with you much but DON'T leave. I don't want to see anyone leave.

• Members

Isn't AMC being tapped at The Prospect Studios? Disney owns that studio. That's where the local ABC station KABC used to be at until they moved to a newer place. (which Disney also owns) While, AMC might very well indeed have to rent it out, due being seperate companies/entities under Disney, it's all under the same cooperation as far as I know. Website for the studios is right here: http://studioservices.go.com/prospectstudios/index.html

• Members

AMC is being taped at Andrita Studios, which ABC does NOT own, if I have my facts straight. They are not at Prospect with GH.

It makes sense for OLTL, but not for the reason why AMC tapes in HD, since AMC moved to a studio that was already fitted for HD and not owned by ABC. They could have easily moved AMC into a studio that wasn't equipped for HD or told them to keep taping in Standard Definition.

• Members

Okay, IMBD has Prospect listed, so that's what I went by. If that's wrong, then I guess it's wrong. LOL

Yeah, my point was more GH and OLTL are filmed at ABC owned studios, so I think it could be more about using soap money to upgrade them, than keeping the shows alive, and that's what Jamey Giddens talked about in a podcast back when AMC was moving. But I certianly don't know for sure.

I don't think it matter which ABC soap goes first, the others wont be that far behind IMO.

Archived