Zimmer to OLTL

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Press Release?!

Brian Frons says, "In an unprecedented move, Kim Zimmer returns to One Life to Live as Echo DiSavoy. The new Echo returns a food critic and compulsive eater. She will cross over to all four ABC Daytime shows the first week of November Sweeps."

On that Monday, Zimmer appears as herself as a special guest co-host on The View as she and Whoopi interrupt an hour of cooking segments with their show-stealing, food swiping, mouth cramming antics. And don't miss Hot Topics when Whoopi and Joy are outnumbered by Sherri, Elisabeth, and Zimmer on the gay marriage debate.

Echo appears on General Hospital Tuesday. mistaking Claire Walsh for a piece of bacon, Echo follows her into Kelly and orders Mike's famous Chili and Crackers. After the mid-show bumpers, Echo travels to the Metro Court for a cobb salad, Caesar salad, and a beef wellington as she and Cassie Corinthos bump into each other. A loud yelling and stomping match ensues between the two bitches which registers on the Richter Scale and kicks off GH: Earthquake! Not everyone will survive. Before she leaves a trail of scene chewing destruction in her wake, Echo goes to Polluzo's to order Pasta Primavera to go before arriving in Pine Valley.

Wednesday, Echo breezes into All My Children's Krystal's establishment like a wet fart. She sits at the bar, orders a beer, some cheese fries, and a triple bacon stacked cheeseburger with blue cheese dipping sauce. Bianca orders a martini after a long day at Fusion. A conversation ensues between the two women when Bianca tells Echo she's late to her rape survival support group meeting. Echo cries tears of sugar and lard, grabs Bianca by the head, and says she should have been there for her and can't imagine what it must've been like for her to be raped. Bianca exits, freaked out by Echo's self-centered approach to her situation. Before she leaves, she orders two Chocolate Creme Pies to go.

Thursday, Echo finally returns to One Life to Live. A first for daytime television, Echo and Clint have a love scene involving foods for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, covered in marshmallow sauce and chocolate syrup. Echo eats steak covered in fudge and sprinkles. Jerry Springer is special guest star who narrates the episode appropriately titled, "Echo's Meal Tickets." Says Zimmer of the special love scene, "I get to make Jerry VerDorn's d*ck hard AND I got my eat on! How awesome is that. Where's my chocolate covered Emmy?"

• Members

:lol: :lol: :lol:

For those of you MISSIN THE DAYZ WHEN REEEEVUH END KESSEE WERE SISTURRZ, here's a little San Cristobal "magic." Kim Zim gets blown across the GL soundstage not ONCE, but TWICE.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jo2HOF8ToUg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jo2HOF8ToUg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jo2HOF8ToUg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

• Members

I bet you anything she came dirt cheap because she didn't have to relocate to LA. I wouldn't be surprised if she's paying OLTL to feature HER :P

In an unprecedented move for ABC Daytime, they kill 3 birds with one giant old fat bird: Kim Zimmer comes to OLTL to play a triple role: Blair, Dorian and Viki! :rolleyes:

There's enough Zimmer to go around.

I'm interested to see what she'll look like on a real soap that still has production values that are slightly better than a handheld camera in a New Jersey field.

• Members

And look how that turned out.

OLTL isn't the only soap to randomly bring back very old characters -- Y&R and B&B have done that a fair amount the past few years. The problem is what do you do with them?

Still, as loathed as Zimmer has become over the years, she has her moments if she isn't OTT and if she has a good scene partner. I would rather watch her in strong scenes with Jerry ver Dorn than have to sit through weeks of frozen-faced, rail-thin Vanessa Marcil, seemingly wracked by pain, as she talks about her awesomeness with overpaid day players. And if they actually give Clint something to do which is entertaining, then it will automatically be better than 90% of the show at this point.

Echo was someone who blamed Clint for her brother's death or something and she slept with Clint and I think she faked her own death or something so he would be blamed. I can't remember.

Here's an episode from that era.

• Members

And here are REEEVUH & KESSEEE squealing when stuck in the elevator. LOL at the camera man doing a close-up of Cassie's ass as it is hauled out of the elevator.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZ2nM235ais?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZ2nM235ais?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZ2nM235ais?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

It is frankly amazing to see the production involved in this, especially compared with the public-access standard GL later adopted. I'm guessing from the ultra-bright lighting and the fact that Kim stole Cynthia Watros's hairstyle, that this is Rauch-era GL.

Archived