OLTL: SOW Article on Natalie's pregnancy

• Members

Found the article posted at the SOC One Life to Live board:

I hope Marty is the one to hear that Natalie doesn't know who the father is. She needs to do something and this is the perfect way to put her in it. Please writers take advantage of this oppurtunity.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It most definitely should be Marty. However- even if it was her, I feel if she was to tell John... it was just make her petty and vengeful. Although who knows- maybe the thought of Natalie and John having a baby and being happy after her and John lost their baby might just make her not-so-nice. I like Marty and I'd like for them to use her more... but preferably away from John.

I think the most dramatic end game of this story should be that Brody is the father of both babies. The Jessica/Natalie "rivalry" potential is so untapped... even if it's just the idea that they both could be carrying Brody's baby, I think they should definitely pursue it. I think leaving Ford and John out of the picture is the best route for this story in the long run.

• Members

I also agree that it should be Marty, though I also agree that it won't do much for her as a character. She needs something more substantive than carrying a very awkward secret about her ex and the woman he left her for. Maybe just maybe they're laying a little foundation for an eventual reconciliation, at least the seeds of possibility, who knows... Geesh, I wonder about Marty, what IS there for her to do? Getting sucked into the boring vacuum of her son's life is no good either. Well there's always Martaliaez. :P

• Members

And I'll go along with that - Jessica/Natalie rivalry potential and all - but only if the endgame of that is Brody owns his sure-to-happen, newfound status as town heel. Because, let's be honest, you can't come out of impregnating your gf and her half-sister w/o looking like a sleaze.

Would it be hypocritical of everyone to dislike Brody so much for his actions? Of course it would. That's why I think you have to have Brody discover at some point that he has fathered both babies, but agree to Natalie's demand to let everyone else think John is the father. Then, after Jessica loses their baby, Brody feels compelled to go back on his word and "out" himself as Nat's babydaddy. Yet, even after the truth comes out, and John and Natalie's relationship is destroyed, everyone still feels sorry for what Nat had to endure, while looking at Brody as the a-hole who needlessly wrecked two people's lives just so he could be a father. Brody believes Llanview is made up of two-faced, lying s.o.b.'s who'd do exactly what he did under the same circumstances; and from then on, he's kicking ass, as they say, and taking names, concerned only with his interests and those of his kid.

• Members

I love the idea of Brody being the father of both kids, and I'd love it even more if he just sucked it up and owned it and tried his damnedest to be a good dad to both while maintaining a relationship with one or the other sister. Lucky for Jessica, she has a mental disorder to blame all of her mistakes on unlike redheaded sister eff up. If Brody was some random dude there was no real love for, the sisters would probably giggle and "OMG" about their little situation once beyond the initial mortification. But there's a lot more meat in the cousins sharing the same dad and being raised like sisters because you can play the "he was there more for you than he was for me because he was with your mom, he loved your mom and just saw my mom as a drunken jumpoff" stuff down the line. And yes I'm hoping they're both girls and eventually played by one actress in a dual role sporting blonde and red 'dos accordingly. Notice I'm assuming that OLTL will be on the air for the next ten years at least, keep hope alive!

• Members

Natalie DID spills the beans about Marty's baby with John and was very self-righteous about Marty keeping such a secret from the father-to-be. This would just be Karma. Plus, Marty did take Natalie's letter to John so the girl has it in her to spill Nat's secret. I would too; not as an attempt to reconcile but John and Marty seem to have a good relationship. Seems like something she would want John to know.

Plus, if Kelly overheard the conversation, she would just immediately jump in and start asking whether Nat's unborn baby killed her mom.

• Members

ITA, I also like this idea.

A scenario like this could happen

The truth comes out that Brody could be the father of Natalie's baby some time before the child is born. John/Jessica break up with Natalie/Brody. Natalie then starts having some complications during her pregnancy. Her, Brody, John could fear that something could end up being wrong with the baby. Brody starts spending more time with her during her pregnancy, due to concern for his child/her. Jessica becomes more agitated/jealous watching Brody grow closer to Natalie. John also notices Brody getting closer to Natalie.

John becomes upset about that, because he still has feelings for Natalie, and fears Brody really is the father of her baby. Him and Brody starts butting heads over what's best for Natalie/her baby.During this time, Brody is still trying to do things for his baby with Jessica as well, but Jessica is very hostile towards him. And goes as far as accusing him of caring about Natalie's baby more than her baby with him.

This stuff goes on for a while, until one day Natalie and Jessica are together somewhere(maybe an elevator), and have a really big argument about Brody/their kids. Jessica rips into Natalie, who becomes very upset and starts going into labor early. Natalie becomes scared, one reason because she's never been in labor before. Jessica realizes what's happening, and pauses for a moment, taking everything in.

Natalie asks Jessica for help and Jessica despite being angry at Natalie/Brody decides to help her sister, and helps Natalie deliver her baby. Natalie/baby are taken to the hospital while Brody/John arrive. They both have some time with Natalie/her baby. Later on they do a DNA test and find out that the baby is Brody's.

Brody processes that he is officially the father of both Jessica/Natalie's baby. And John is left pondering whether or not he wants a life with Natalie/her child with Brody.A bit later on, Jessica gives birth to her baby. Brody ends up being there and him and Jessica have an honest conversation after their baby is born. They decide they will try to get along as best as they can for their children's sake. Both still love each other, but neither decide to mention it right then.

Brody/Jessica start to slowly work their way back to reconciliation. John/Natalie might get back together for a bit. And then someone (like Christian/Jared did in the past), will show up and love her better than John ever has.

And there still could be conflict sometimes between Jessica/Brody/Natalie/their kids in the future.

• Members

xtr- i like it.

But I would prefer John be ushered away from this story as soon as possible. I hate how he is always thrown into the younger age group- if anything, John should be in the Marty/Todd/Blair/Tea/Eli/Kelly set, not the younger 20-somethings (considering ME is in his 40's) with Jess/Brody/Nat/Rex/Gigi, etc. Although he doesn't really work in any story or group, so whatever.

I still say it will be very interesting if Brody is the father of both kids. That could drive story for years, with sister jealousy (and also opens up the possibility of a Natalie/Brody pairing, which seems more popular than John/Nat or Brody/Jess)

• Members

Meh, debateable. They aged Jess/Nat a bit (Jessica was techincally born in 1986, making her about 24 in real years)... a few years ago they were stated to be around 26. So even if they are close to 30 now- it's missing the point. ME is well into his 40's, and shouldn't be in that age range. He should be up there with Blair, Todd, etc- which they tried, before trying to make him look younger again and putting him in the younger set once again.

Archived