GH: August Discussion Thread

• Replies 872
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Loved the Jason/Brenda episode, I thought it was hilarious! Steve Burton looks deflated, he acted a lot better back then now he is just stiff and constipated looking. Brenda and Jason were so vial with each other, LOL but I always thought something could be there between them. Looking forward to their interactions because i find them to be so entertaining together, i think it will be the same even though so much has changed. Jax/Brenda should be good to.

ABC airing old episodes one day a week is something I would so be down with, and doing a poll online to determine which episodes would be a nice touch to.

• Members

WOW was it good to see those episodes today. Especially the ones from 96 and 97....

That first episode was my favorite. JACKIE ZEMAN!!!! It made me sad to look at her tho, as she is pretty unrecognizable now. But those scenes with her and SJB were FANTASTIC...Jacklyn is a terrific actress. And I dont CARE what she did to her face, she should still be front burner..

Carly came to town to destroy Bobbie, which made it hard to sympathize with her when she apologized. But SJB was fantastic as always. I'm glad they didn't edit out the Bobbie/Carly scenes. I loved them.

Seeing Lucy Coe! Oh how I miss her :( Sigh. It really was heartbreaking to think that the majority of the people in these episodes are dead or gone now...

Where were Lois and Robin? They were Brenda's best friends but I didn't see her in the wedding episode...Maybe I missed them.

Seeing Anna Lee? My heart melted. I love that woman..

Overall, it made me sad watching them. The quality of the first episode just reminded me of why I fell in love with GH. Real love. Real hurt. Real problems. Things that didn't involve a mob war...Even the episode from 2002 was superior...I wish GH could go back to the kinds of writing like the Bobbie/Carly/Tony stuff.

I'm glad they aired the reruns.

• Members

Oh Riiiiight. I remember now that Robin and Lois were gone.....But they were both still in the credits...Or at least I thought they were?? So it confused me....Maybe I'm imaginging that.

I could have swore Rena Sofer came back in 1996 tho at some point. I had thought it was for this wedding. I guess I remembered incorrectly.

• Members

Rena left in September...the wedding was in Nov. (probably why she was still in the credits). She didnt return till Feb of 1997 for a brief stint. Kimberly M. last airdate was also in Sept of 1996, but she also came back in the beginning of 1997 for a brief stint before returning again in 1998

• Members

I had to do research on the dates and info as I didnt recall who was where and when at the time.

LOVED Skye as well. That was my girl. This was the beginning of the end for her though and the last time she was truly awesome. They really trashed her to prop up Saint Brenda and she never quite recovered. Her romance with Jax was the last great storyline she had and last time she was used in a leading capacity. They never really seemed overly invested in her after this. Still Robin C brought her A game and acted the hell out of the matgerial presented to her

Archived