Y&R: Michael Muhney tried to save a man

• Members

Michael Muhney (Adam) tweeted a little while ago that when he was on the beach this morning, he saw a man down in the water. Said he pulled the man to safety and performed CPR and kept him breathing for 15 minutes until the paramedics got there. Unfortunately, despite all of his efforts, the man died. MM said the man's name was Mike and he had a wife and daughters. He also said he (MM) was shaken up by the incident, and is praying for the man's family. He has asked that we pray for the man's family as well.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh wow, that is terrible. :( I read the title of this thread three times before I opened it, I wasn't sure if you were saying that MM had passed. How traumatic for all involved. Thoughts and prayers with Mike's family, and MM, a moment in his life he will surely never forget.

• Members

It is the culture we live in today. Experiences aren't real or meaningful unless people share them on the news, twitter, a blog, etc. I'm always amazed at people's need to share their most painful and intimate experiences with the public.

• Members
I don't want to sound like a hypocrite, because I'm a part of the Twitterverse. But I don't use the Twitterverse to be a pathetic faux-celebrity. I use it to share interesting stories, quotes, quips, and lighthearted stories with people.

Per usual from Muhney, it just kind of seemed like a pathetic attempt at getting attention. It makes you wonder whether he tried to save the man from drowning because he was truly trying to save someone's life or whether he did it for good publicity. I think it was a combination of both.

• Members

Granted, I think MM takes the "open book" approach a bit too literally. This time, however, I'm willing to give him the good-old benefit of the doubt. A man he tried to save from drowning died, and he wants to share the news in the hopes that everyone who follows his tweets will send prayers, condolences and good thoughts to his loved ones. I believe that's a nice, humane gesture.

• Members

I feel for the man, but this should be about him and his family's loss, not some soap opera actor's heroic act. If this was isolated that is one thing, but MM was twittering about his grandfather being rushed to the hospital by ambulance and dealing with some health scare with his family. Do these people know MM is sharing this kind of information? When my family is going through some emergency, my first thought is not to go on twitter to share my family issues. It just seems strange to me, and a weird way to garner attention. Maybe the actor is this open about his life, but sometimes I also feel a lack of genuine feeling with his actions.

• Members

WTH MM Tried To save A Man Who Ended Up Dying & All We Can Talk About Is That MM is an Attention seeking whore

Nice Folks, Real Nice

Someone just lost their son, Husband, friend & father

Whats more important here and yes Im ashamed to have to ask that

Archived