AMC - Tuesday 7/20/10

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, I don't know. What is she, like, 15? 16? I keep forgetting how many years they've de-SORAS'd her for whatever reason (Emma's been 7 for three years, and all of a sudden she's 6?!). Point is, why is she sooooo obsessed with marriage and she's not even old enough to drink? And why, oh, why would she even think of using JR and Marissa as a template for the perfect marriage?

Annie and Madison were fun and entertaining psychos. Colby's just an annoying and somewhat boring psycho.

• Members

The thing is, I don't see her as a true psycho, I just think she's incredibly neurotic and annoying. Not exactly off the deep end, just acting nauseatingly foolish, like a girl who knows better but is letting her insecurity/Daddy issues or whatever get the best of her. And I may be projecting because she reminds me a LOT of a friend who is a very intelligent woman but has this sickening streak with men sometimes. It's not at all entertaining, just annoying.

• Members

I mentioned it a few weeks ago that too bad they are cousins bc they'd actually work together. Oh wait, the GL writers are on board now and they keep reminding us that Scott isnt a blood Chandler. I can so see them going there

• Members

Annoying yes! Psycho or neurotic? No. It's too contrived for me to even consider Colby at all. This simply makes no sense, so I can't enjoy it. Was it really necessary to recast this character 21 times? Why couldn't she go off to school? Not one writer has justified all of the recasts and this girl's continued presence!

ANDREA

• Members

Yes, the recasts (there were only 2) were necessary. The first one supposedly had problems with working opposite a black guy (girl please, this is ABC, you weren't gonna stay in that storyline for long) and the second one couldn't act her way out of an invisible bag. Nat Hall ain't much better, but she is better.

Colby is way necessary right now as a character, though. Her mom and brother are on the canvas, and she has a boyfriend, cousin, nephew, etc. She has a place, and I like what they're doing with her. Throw her ass off her rocker. I don't want her to be a torturous psycho, but let her be a hell of a lot to deal with at the holidays.

Archived