Y&R: Week of July 19, 2010

• Members

i'm not TOTALLY sure on this, but I *think* Bill was not a writer for any of them, but a story consultant. Possibly for Mason... and I'm pretty sure Bell was totally out of DOOL by the time Bregman and Diamont came along. I think Miller is doing fine. He's overexposed... but doing fine, look how everyone says how much he channels Terry Lester. I think Hendrickson is BETTER on Y&R. I just like Branson, she's brooding, sexy, HOT STUFF. Reigel is the fly in the ointment.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yep. Apparently, Paul and Maria picked William "Rusty" Russ, but Bloom really pushed for Stephen Nichols.

Gee, Maria, if you were really paying attention to Papa Bell, why didn't you know that he never, under any circumstances, caved into the networks on anything?

• Members

Don't encourage Maria, alphanguy74! Did they come on the show with a lot of hype and were only brought on because of their popularity on another show and not because they fit their character?

I can't comment on the acting part, but I think at certain times Billy Miller looks like Terry Lester.

• Members

I've heard people say this, but I often wonder how many who say this actually saw Terry Lester and how much of this is just the knowledge that Lester's Jack was a playboy and Miller is supposed to be the same (if playboy = nympho sociopath riddled with STDs). I'm the first to admit that I am no expert on Terry Lester, but honestly I see very little of Chompers in Lester. There was a sincerity and a depth in Lester's Jack which was mixed with his cowardice and shallowness. Miller is just Miller, all mugs and nothing underneath.

I don't see any characters among those hired in recent years. I still have no idea why anyone should care about Chloe, who has had so many personalities and so many backstories and yet is such an empty character that they just have to have Chance cheat on her for pity points. The only thing that the character has going for her is Liz Hendrickson.

The show is at the point where the actors could just trade roles every day and it wouldn't matter.

Archived