Y&R: Week of July 19, 2010

• Members

Bill Bell did write for Margaret Mason as Linda was first on days in the early 70's.

I think it was more a case of Wes Kenney having worked with a of those actors on DOOL.Add Peter Brown,Suzanne Zenor ,and Susan Seaforth Hayes to the list.

The young characters have no depth and the vets have been badly written for.It is difficult to keep long standing characters interesting but MAB & co are faiiing dismally - Victor on a horse proposing to Nikki again and she saying yes? Please...

Jack having another go nowhere marriage.

Bringing in a legacy character like 'Chance' and writing him so blandly.

Turning Ashley into a nutcase and then having her recover with no fallout.

Every single character and story is basically a miss.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What else? Ratings. Eden's fans loved, worshipped and adored her on AMC, so Y&R wants in on some of that action. Unfortunately, they gave her a character (Heather) that was all wrong for her. If anything, she should be playing Chloe, not Elizabeth Hendrickson; and EH should be playing Mac, not Cybill Shepherd Clementine Ford.

• Members

I absolutely loved seeing the Darlene Conley clips even if I had seen them 10 years ago, back when it was rumored Raul was to be Nina's son. Remember that? In any case, Conley was chilling as Rose in contrast to the larger than life Sally Spectra. BTW Rose DeVille had been on the show before in a story with Nikki's stripping hadn't she? The rest of the show SUCKED.

I always enjoyed Nina as a character in the 90s mainly because she was so realistic for the most part. While not anything like Traci, she was still only average attractive and her insecurities drove her story as she fended off Victoria and others. It's too bad her mother Flo was dumped about the same time other older characters were dumped.

BTW I know Bergman not the greatest actor I don't think he started a trend at all. While I have never watched ABC soaps I think there was a 14-year different between Bergman's hiring and Keith Hamilton Cobb's hiring. Of course if there's any ABC stars that were hired between then I don't know for sure...Peck was on Dallas and Dynasty, Tylo on GL, Reeves on Days, and Case and LeBlanc on ATWT. I think the Y&R/Days connection is a bad example given Bell still wrote for Days into the late 70s and are both over overseen by Columbia/Sony.

• Members

And it occurred to me that he just might be lying! I find it interesting that Ronan already knows that Nina is supposedly his mother. I don't know why I find that interesting but I do. Furthermore, the purpose of making Ronan Nina's son is already defeated because Chance will be gone in a few short weeks. There will be no opportunity for brotherly bonding/fighting.

• Members

First they had Chance to cheat in order to prop Billy, now they had Chance cheat on Chloe for pity points? Which is it? Both of these explanations are ridiculous BTW. How about they had Chance cheat because he was unbelievable and quite annoying from the moment he arrived until recently! They decided (in a bad way) to present him as something of a bad boy capable of screwing up just like everyone else! Some have said that they had him cheat because he's leaving the show which is also ridiculous! I know they are lousy writers but I can't believe it never occurred to them to dismiss Chance by having him get a call back to Iraq or have him go live with Phillip in Australia for some much needed father/son bonding. They didn't have to turn him into a cheater just so he could leave town!

• Members

Not quite. When Nikki was married to Wings Hauser's Greg Foster, Rose was the head of the prostitution ring that Nikki got mixed up with on account of her and Greg being flat broke. I don't know all the details, but...one of Nikki's johns was murdered in some cheap motel room; Nikki was accused of the murder; Rose skipped town (before showing up again to take Nina's baby); and Greg, an attorney, divorced Nikki because of the scandal and her "double life."

• Members
Chance's possible departure has been mentioned in various posts around these boards without spoiler tags. Furthermore, I don't even think it's quite a spoiler just yet. I've seen nothing really definitive to state that he's actually leaving. Sounds like just a rumor right now!

Archived