ATWT: Best Way to Honour Helen Wagner

• Members

I'm digging through my external and I found the ATWT 50th anniversary episodes... And I'm re-watching the April 3rd 2006 episode where the ladies are on the broken down bus. Seeing Helen Wagner so vibrant and happy, being celebrated alongside her long-serving co-stars in a way that is both about her but also celebrates the rich history of this show that she dedicated so much of her life to...

I think that upon HW's death they should have re-aired this episode, cancelled or not, they should have pushed everything back a day to show this... then if the Nancy scenes towards the end which will probably be inadequate and rushed don't come close to celebrating ATWT's matriarch properly, at least an effort was made to call back to a tribute that was done especially well to both HW and the show.

At any rate, re-air the April 3rd episode... the other one was silly and meh... but the 50th Anniversary Show celebrating Nancy, Kim, Lisa, Lucinda, Emma, Barbara and Susan was very well done and I think shows Helen Wagner in a way she'd wish to be remembered, especially when she was still happy and healthy and able to be showcased properly.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Everyone in town could remember Nancy and show wonderful flashbacks. I would much rather see clips of Nancy through the years than that quasi-cheese filled 50th anniversary show with a bear.

• Members

CBS isn't going to push everything back a day unless there is some must need preemption. They did film something to honor Helen/Nancy before the show wrapped filming 2 weeks ago. Not sure exactly what they have planned.

Archived