Scream 4

jcar03

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I loved that each Scream film had it's own tone and stood on it's own. Scream 3 wasn't gory, but the script was tight and it was a well written thriller, IMO. It had lots of humor and the mystery was simple and interesting enough.

• Members

UGH the only reason I was midly excited about this was Williamson would be back--but now that they're bnging back the guy who wrote the awful Scream 3 (the only scenes I really loved in it were the ones apparently directly from Williamson's treatment--the kinda meta stuff where Sidney is being chased on the set of the movie which replicates her original house).

Kruger has had more success with horror since Scream 3 (he did the two Ring movies here, and the ok Skeleton Key--oh and and the Trnasformer movies which were horror for me anyway). And both Kruger and Williamson did equally bad werewolf movies with Cursed and Blood and Chocolate. But I thought Williamson's reputation was ont he rise after the success of Vampire Diaries (did he drop out partly due to being busy with Vampire?)

Oh well, le sigh.

• Administrator

I'm disappointed Williamson won't be writing the new trilogy too. :( With all these changes, it doesn't bode well for the new movie.

If I had to guess, my guess would be Williamson bolting the project due to creative differences.

• Members

So disappointed in you :P the humour IMHO wasn't clever--I don't want Silent Bob cameos in my Scream movies, thank you very much, and though I've only seen it once, the ending made NO sense from what I remember--and there simply were next to no scares--the scene I mentioned from the original draft maybe, and maybe some of the one with Parker Posey in the place with all the costumes, that's all that sprngs to mind.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Scream 3 was crap. For that matter, so was Scream 2, which they rewrote from the original excellent script at the last moment, but at least it wasn't sanitized. And Neve Campbell has never been able to act, so the script is an absolute must.

Ehren Kruger, again? Truly?

Archived