• Replies 953
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

She is horrendous. Ugh!

Haven't watched Y&R in awhile but I just remembered an actor named Russell Lawrence temporarily replaced the first actor who played Matt Clark. He was fired and the role was recast. I think with Rick Hearst. This was back in mid to late 2000, I think. Does anyone have any Y&R episodes or clips from then?

Never liked Kamar de los Reyes as Antonio on OLTL but at one point, I think during the Jessica/Nash days, he was temporarily replaced with someone even worse. does anyone know that actor's name?

William Russ was on Y&R only a few months if that. He was one of my favorite actors. I've seen him in several movies and of course Boy Meets World. I didn't watch Y&R for years until he was hired. He was quickly replaced with Stephen Nichols, who is OK, but wasn't enough to get me to go back to watching Y&R.

Edited by Mathewson

• Members

You're right! I totally forgot all about Russel Lawrence. I wonder if it was a case of hiring an actor temporarily to wait for the main actor (Rick Herbst) to be available and take over the role. Or maybe they were testing the waters with the Carter Mills character? Anyway I should have some footage of him in the VHS's I stashed at my parent's house...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

Some of Marc Wolf's temp episodes as Brent/Marion are being uploaded. This must have been one of the most difficult temp roles ever, as he had to fill in during the climax of the story, none of which he'd played. I can't remember if this is his first stint or his second.

• Members

Wow I never thought I'd see those scenes ever again! I'm so happy!

I especially remember that a face sketch was involved. Reva stormed in on Brent in the lab, and then would draw a sketch of his face for the police. The drawing would change day in and day out according to the actor playing Brent.

I seem to remember the original Brent was not doing well around that time. Something about the double role taking a toll on his psyche. Did he ever give any interview about this?

• Members

This is amazing.

She's OK, but I can see why Bill Bell decided never to recast Katherine again. Her work in the Sven scenes is particularly off.

Was that Danny at the end of the opening? Was he wearing a Sonny Bono fur vest?

I didn't realize she temped when Philip was there.

Sven really isn't what I'd expected. I thought he would be a hunky Swedish man, not a generic toothy guy with a long face and no real charisma. He reminds me of Michael McDonald.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Yeah I guess Fans were ticked they temp recasted but soaps do that if actors fallill suddenly.

Now dd Beverly Garland ever temp as Katherine as stated in this thread. I cant find vid of it and uts not on wikipedia but Gisele and Michael Learned are