Y&R--Who's Who In Daytime 1982

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There was a gap between Brett Halsey as John and Jerry Douglas.

I think Deborah Adair was Jill by the time she went to work at Jabot.I don't believe Bond Gideon had any involvement with John or Jack,but I may be wrong.

Jill was engaged to Andy when John Abbott returned in the form of Douglas.

The Peter Brown character was Robert Laurence and he was the father of Angela(Liz Keifer) and husband to Claire(Suzanne Zenor).Robert was originally hinted as a new love for Lorie,but she moved toward Victor and Robert was paired with Leslie.

Incidentally, Suzanne Zenor was one of the original Three's Company cast but they retooled with Suzanne Somers. How things might have been different for Zenor.

I don't think Leslie/robert stood a chance as Les was so identified with Lorie/Lance and Lucas that it seemed weird to have her interacting with these new characters.There was never any real closure to Leslie/Lance and Lucas.

When the show expanded,Leslie was put with Jonas who got involved with Casey who hooked up with Lucas.Things got out of focus.

I don't think Lucas got a farewell,he just stopped appearing.

• Members

If the original actors had stayed in the roles do you think the characters would have still worked? I guess we'll never know.

Those who were watching back then or have seen the episodes -- did it feel like the show was going through major upheaval at that time or did it not really seem too noticeable onscreen?

For a long time I never knew what happened to the Leslie character. I just had a ratty old history of soaps paper magazine thing from like 1990 which didn't bother to say anything about the story after Lorie saw a heavily pregnant Leslie leaving the shower.

Was it Mallory who was just OK and Topping couldn't act?

Looking back it's impressive how they managed to integrate new characters...and look, no long lost children or siblings or dopplegangers.

• Members

The thing was the Victor/Lorie and Jill/Jabot story as well as Nikki's shenanigans were all working so well that the disappearance of long time characters didn't stand out.

Chris & Snapper hadn't had a major story in tears and Lynne Topping never made much of an impression.

Robert & Leslie were dull.

Greg had been recast and Nikki had moved on from him.

It wasn't like other shows where one set of characters disappeared one week and the following week the newbies went frontburner-to me it was pretty seamless.

Archived