Interracial relationships in soaps

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Good for Whoopi. It is a question that should be asked of Frons and every headwriter. However, since the actors are the ones usually interviews, they should be asked the question so they can go back and ask the network how they should respond.

• Members

The smart one will say "It'll never happen. The black actresses come and go so fast we barely get a chance to learn their names."

(To the actors reading this board: feel free to PM me for other possible responses to tough interview questions! All consulting is strictly confidential. :lol: )

• Members

I swear there was some backlash because Grayson McCouch (Dusty) requested the Dusty and Bonnie pairing. Which was understandable because the characters not only made sense but the actors had chemistry too. Of course, DK came along and broke them up and Bonnie was dumped to never be heard of again and Dusty ended up becoming Janet's lapdog.

---------------------------

Now we see some viewers already freaking out about the potential Ethan and Maya pairing on GH. I swear some people are never going to accept an interracial couple (especially Black woman/White male) regardless of the actors, characters, network etc.

I swear there was some backlash because Grayson McCouch (Dusty) requested the Dusty and Bonnie pairing. Which was understandable because the characters not only made sense but the actors had chemistry too. Of course, DK came along and broke them up and Bonnie was dumped to never be heard of again and Dusty ended up becoming Janet's lapdog.

Now we see some viewers already freaking out about the potential Ethan and Maya pairing on GH. I swear some people are never going to accept an interracial couple (especially Black woman/White male) regardless of the actors, characters, network etc.

• Members

Archived