AMC: Archive Photos from Series History

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's a generation gap. I look at photos my father took back in the 60s and 70s. There just seems to be an "understanding" of that generation when it comes to photography.

Present day, we have people who probably graduated from college within the last 10-15 years who came up during the MTV generation, having no clue as to how to capture moving images in still photography. It's all about moving images, music videos and NOT about capturing the essence of a moment in still photography. They snap pictures, but they don't take photographs.

• Members

Ugh, makes me think of the "so and so has uploaded 78 pictures (of herself all in practically the same pose)" phenomenon on Facebook. <_<

It would be nice if these came all fancy and framed like animation cels or something. I'm no cheapskate, but twenty bucks for an unautographed 8x10 seems steep when I could grab most of these photos from the net and create my own prints (or enjoy many of them, albeit on a smaller scale, in my Complete Family Scrapbook).

• Members

ITA and I blame digital for a lot of it. When you had to buy film, paper, developing chemicals, etc... there was more of an investment in making each shot count. Composition mattered. Now people snap pictures, look at a screen and delete anything that doesn't suit their fancy and "fix" errors in Photoshop.

Archived