GH: Guza talks about the Michael storyline

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Lame and a cop out. I don't see the problem here. You can serialize anything--even this. I don't even see what the controversy is. If you are telling a story about prisons, this type of stuff happens. Just like if you were to tell a story about Maxie in the modeling world, you would not be shocked to see stories about eating disorders.

• Members

Waiting and dragging this story out for months isn't going to do it any justice, IMO. If in five months it turns out that Michaels was raped, will people really even care anymore??? Omg Guza if you want to tell a story like this, just take it head on, sheesh.

• Members

Am I the only one that chuckled a bit when Guza said the situation would be "rearing it's ugly head"???

I know it's a saying, but in the context of talking about rape it just made me chuckle a bit at the choice of words.

I wish Guza would stop danccing around the topic. We know Michael was raped, we've dealt with it, the end. He is gonna get a LOT more criticism by NOT confirming it then he would if he DID say Michael was raped. He is so ignorant.

• Members

They're hedging their bets. I bet they chicken out and say Carter tried to rape him, but got interrupted.

Lame. This is why Guza can't make it in the big time even though he desperately wants to. If you're going to do this story, then do it. It is the ultimate retribution for Sonny's lifestyle, and a vicious, but realistic, end result.

• Members

So many people think Michael's rape is too much for daytime yet I bet many of these same people did not feel that way when Emily and Elizabeth were raped.

I wouldn't be surprised if they just don't address it ever again. They don't plan on confirming or denying anytime soon so if they decide they don't want to do a rape storyline they could just end up dropping it.

• Members

Look, the same reason why Guza won't say whether Michael was raped is the same reason why Hogan Sheffer made light of Annie Parisse's Julia raping Jack (Michael Park) when he was still HW at ATWT. "Macho" guys such as Bob Guza and Hoagy Sheffer just refuse to believe men can be raped. To Guza, it's more important that Carter, who is in cahoots with Jason's lover nemesis, Franco, has threatened -- just threatened -- someone he allegedly cares about.

• Members

I only hope we get to see scenes that degrade Michael the same way women have been humiliated and victimized on soaps throughout the decades. I do find it interesting that ABC killed KISH, only to launch a man on man rape scenario. (I won't say 'gay' because this is about violence, not sexual orientation.) If the fans respond positively, perhaps Carter will "change" and they'll fall in love. Don't say it can't happen....

Archived