GH: Guza talks about the Michael storyline

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, Robin did get it through hetero sex, even though she wasn't sleeping around. There was a character on B&B who got it by actually sleeping around, but I can't remember his name. I can't remember how Cristine's mother got it on Y&R, but I do think that was from hetero sex as well, although I'm not sure if she had multiple partners or not.

• Members

Hollyoaks - Malachy Fisher got HIV for being a whore. He's still on the show and is a fan favorite. His wife, who is probably the biggest slut of all, feared she was infected and subsequently put fear in Malachy's bisexual cross dressing brother Kris, who she slept with also.

• Members

Well, Robin did get it through hetero sex, even though she wasn't sleeping around. There was a character on B&B who got it by actually sleeping around, but I can't remember his name. I can't remember how Cristine's mother got it on Y&R, but I do think that was from hetero sex as well, although I'm not sure if she had multiple partners or not. I guess it would be interesting if they let a main character get it from sleeping around on screen, but ultimately I don't think it matters that much if it's back story or shown on screen. Either way soaps have shown that hetero people get AIDS just as readily as gay people. That's not exactly ground breaking news at this point, but given how conservative soaps can be, I'm not going to knock it.

• Members

Just youtubed the scene itself. That guy was awfully forward. Rape was DEFINITELY implied, and the way Michael wasn't really that beat up afterwards (on his face anyway) hugging his knees in the corner... I mean, Drew Garrett, I think was his name, the other Michael after the one that looked like the Chucky Doll - sorry, don't much watch GH - would have done it much better... (Though he would have been whinier :rolleyes:, he was a good actor)

If they shy away from this edgy and pretty realistic story it will be a wasted opportunity to play the beats of the story they've set up. I can see not showing it for obvious reasons but to imply it that heavily and then back out of it is spineless even for Guza, who was willing to let Michael take a bullet in the head as a lesson for playing with guns.

I Guza's rationale will be that this time, letting Michael take a "bullet" in the other end will be his punishment for hitting Claudia :rolleyes:

• Members

Well, as a matter of fact, I did once put a marshmallow inside a toaster when I was a child. Does that mean I raped someone? (Oh, God, this is like some bad episode of "Law & Order.")

Archived