DAYS: Discussion for the month of June

• Members

That was incredibly weird to me. She was talking to Carrie, so it's not like Carrie wouldn't have understood if she had said "Mom's townhouse." Soooo strange. It's even weirder because they have been mentioning Sami's "mom" a lot lately, but never by name. So to all of a sudden dump her name in there was so odd.

I'm glad they took the trouble to integrate him and have him be in these actual episodes, but judging by the reaction of people who don't know the behind-the-scenes story, maybe they shouldn't have bothered. They could've just said his flight got cancelled and have him show up in Monday's ep. I dunno.

I might be in the minority here, but I'm glad we didn't just have episodes full of flashbacks. It's lovely to see them, but for me, in kind of a novelty way. We get all these people back onscreen -- I don't want to spend those episodes with them glazed over as we dissolve to flashbacks. I want to see them interact in the present. It's also like, it's sweet to see how everyone looked back in the day and get a taste of their interactions with Alice, but I'm not dying to watch episodes crammed full of Alice giving people sage advice or telling them to buck up. For me -- and I know my tastes are probably weird -- the amount of flashbacks we've had has been pretty perfect.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Watching the entire thing now (thank god for YT edits). My thoughts and comments

1. Mickey was killed off? Wow, didnt realize that. How did he die? Did the actor die?

2. What sickness does Maggie have? What is Melanie's connection to her?

3. Wow, didnt realize Sami had 4 kids. Does Lucas have custody of Allie? Ive always hated how on Days people name all their kids after older characters. Why would she name her son, John Roman instead of Roman John? Why would give John that honor over her dad?

4. Too many teens adn youngsters. Dont know most of them and its hard trying to keep track who their parents are. Yet another Will recast? How many teen Wills have there been so far. Dont like that he's now blonde. Why is he at the Dimera mansion.

5. Im fidning it weird watching the show drag out Alice's death over a couple of weeks. Usually when that type of thing happens, the character is on the show and we get to see them before they die but that obviously cant happen her. Its kinda hard to connect bc htye keep talking about her alive and I expect to see these scenes they keep referencing.

6. Its hard imagining that Chloe would have turned into this deceptive slut that Lucas described to Phillip. Ghoul girl? Boy has she changed

7. Was there ever anyone that didnt like Alice

8. Bo and Carly are officially together?

• Members

Yeah Mickey was killed off earlier this year, the actor didn't actually die, DAYS just couldn't find anyone to replace him after numerous tries, and decided to kill him off. It was also a great way to give Suzanne Rogers some great material to work with. Maggie had a disorder called Myasthenia Gravis and it came back, but just recently she found out she was in remission. That story was really lame, all we saw was her collapsing a few times. The original plan was for Maggie to go back to drinking again, but DAYS dropped that. I honestly would have rather seen that!

I don't believe Melanie and Maggie have any real connections to each other, they are just really close

I'm not sure about the custody thing with Allie, I think they have joint custody. Does anyone remember if Lucas is taking Allie back to Hong Kong with him?

I like the teens, lol right now there is only 3. Chad, Will, and Gabby (she needs to go). There have been 3 teen Actors who have played will. But 6 If you count Darian Weiss, and Shawn and Taylor Carpenter. Will ran away from Sami's house cause they weren't getting along and he didn't agree with her decisions, and moved into the DiMera mansion to be away from her. He has been getting close with his Grandma Kate, and Stefano. Lol now Sami lives there to, they barely talk though.

Bo and Carly are really together, Hope really pushed Bo away and now he's just recently filed for divorce. Him and Carly are a full-on couple, Hope doesn't like it at all and we've seen a lot of signs that she wants Bo back.

• Members

In reply to Cheap21 ^^^

1. Mickey died in December (I think), of a heart attack. Maggie found him in his bedroom I think. We never saw him, except being wheeled out of the house with a blanket over him. There hasn't been an actor in quite a while. The original left in 04, then John Ingle came in till 06...There might have been someone who played him in 08 briefly, but there hasn't been a regular in quite awhile.

2. Myasthenia Gravis. It's a diseas that Suzanne Rogers herself was diagnosed with in 1984, and it caused her to temporaily leave the show. When she returned, she asked to have it written into her characters storyline, as to raise awareness. I can't remember her full connection to Melanie, other then I think when Melanie came to town she really had nowhere to stay and Maggie let her stay there??? Not 100% sure on that one.

3. No, Lucas doesn't have custody of Allie I don't think...I believe he just took her for a trip, and was always going to bring her back. I do like however that they named a character after Alice, because she deserved it IMO. And the John Roman thing IS weird...

4. I agree, it's hard to keep track of who belongs to who. This will is better than the last one IMO. And Sami was living at Marlena's townhouse but it flooded. She had nowhere to go so she moved in with EJ. Now the townhouse is fixed, but EJ convinced them to stay a while longer, for the kids sake (and probably because he's in love with her).

skipped 5

6. She's not that that bad. Other than sleeping with Phillip and possibly ending up pregnant with his baby, she hasn't been all that deceptive, except in her efforts to keep Carly from telling Daniel she cheated.

7. Not that I can remember. :P

8. Yes, after hope moved out Carly and Bo got together, fell in love (supposedly), and her moved her into his house, much to the dismay of most of Salem, who said it was his and Hope's house, and Carly should GTFO.

Hope that helped :)

• Members

Mickey died the first week of January, not December. ;)

And Chloe has turned into a deceptive slut, last year she cheated on Lucas with Daniel, and kept that from him for MONTHS. It is basically the same story with the pregnancy twist thrown in.

I love nuWill, especially when he is with Chad. :wub:

• Members

Thanks to both of you!

I was kinda counting the others like Melanie, Mia, Nathan, Stephanie and Im knowing Im forgotting some as the youngsters. Basically the kids of teh legacy characters. There are so many new faces since Ive watched last time. When Stephanie was talking to Jen and asked how Jack was, I thought, why is she calling her father by his first name? Then I realized I was thinking of the wrong kid...lol

Really? Lucas was describing how she was with Brady but then was with him, did some cheating, wound up with Phillip, but now with Daniel and once again cheating. Sounds like a deceptive slut to me!

The Carrie and Sami scene while nice, seemed so fake. They'll only be nice and sisterly until both are on contract at the same time. Its weierd seeing Sami with 4 kids and Carrie has none. I liked that even Carrie said so. I think the show should have had her have at least 1 kid off screen.

BTW, why did Anna kidnap Sami's kid? Where is she now? Is Roman still on the show?

• Members

smile.gif yep, you know I do to LOL!!

Oh yeah Cheap I forgot to tell you, that Will and Chad always give each other these looks, like they want to jump each others bones. It's been brought up many times, these two so have the hots for each other deep down. Everytime Will looks at Chad he has a giant smile on his face. Chad gives Will these seductive smirky looks, even.

Ohh I see what you are saying, yes there are a LOT of new faces, it does get hard some times but if you watch for a while you get used to them and recognize them. Well were one down, since Mia is out of Salem now. She didn't have any ties to the show anyways lol

EJ Hired Anna to help him kidnap Sydney in order to keep her away from Sami. Right now Anna is on an island in a hospital trapped by Stefano's henchmen. Last we saw her, she got out of the hospital bed, opened the door and is shocked to see whose on the other side. Later, Rafe arrived in the room and found that she wasn't there anymore. I don't think we saw her again after that, unless I missed something. That was June 15th. Roman is still on the show, but he shows up like twice a year out of nowhere.

• Members

In London. Billie was in an off screen car accident, so she went to go help her. Max was dating her and moved out there to be with her. They are engaged.

In reality, Rachel Melvin and Darin Brooks both quit to pursue other oppurtunities.

Im on the internet with my slow ass phone, so we both keep answering the same questions. LOL :lol:

Archived