DAYS: Discussion for the month of June

• Members
I dont know. It seems to go beyond hair and makeup. She looks like she let someone botox the hell out of her face

ahhh that sounds very Princess Gina like. In fact I think I saw some scenes of Hope and Baker and her hairdo was even one Id expect on Gina

its a shame bc Marlena really should have been there even if I do have bad memories of her killing Alice with a doughnut...lol

but I read he came to Mickey's funeral but was not seen. They could have done the same for this right? I was also looking at Days family tree to keep everything in order and noticed that Alice had another son Tom Horton JR. I didnt see him as dead. Why wasnt he here? Did he get a mention?

As for Bill, I liked his short scene with Kate. Why is she married to Stephano? Are they in love? What secret is she keeping from him (saw her talking about it with Jessica Tuck's character)

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Tommy is just considered to have died off screen by most fans, some say his death was mentioned at Tom Sr.'s funeral in 94

The Kate/Stefano marraige started out as a buisness arrangement. Last year Chloe had an affair with Daniel, behind Lucas' back, once Kate found out about it she developed a plan to kill Chloe and frame Daniel. It backfired on Kate, so she went to Stefano. He told her he would help her and get rid of all evidence if he married her, she did so and they got married. Victor even walked her down the aisle LOL! Somewhere along the line Kate fell in love.

We dont know the secret Kate found yet.

• Members

I wondered the same thing...HE hasn't been seen since 1979 or 1980, and is almost NEVER mentioned....I don't remember them ever saying he was dead.

They could have just said he was unavailable for some reason, or done wat they did with Bill at Mickey's funeral, and had him be "in the other room"....The original actor is dead, but they also could have recast.

I found it odd he wasn't mentioned.

• Members

Tommy JR has either beel killed off offscreen and mentioned at Tom's funeral, some say yes some say no... i am one that says yes.

Or he has just been forgotten. Either way after over 20 years... i really dont much care. Bill needed to be there, he had reason to be. A lot of people relevent to him were around and whatnot. What would Tommy Jr add? Nothing Marie didnt and at least she was played by the actress there before.

• Members

Again, both look so much better in real life. On days they really cake on the makeup on all of them. I wonder if they use cheaper makeup now due to budget cuts or if they got someone new doing makeup. You can even tell on the men, IMHO.

• Members

Cheap makeup has NOTHING to do with it. Great makeup can be found at any price point. If it's the makeup, it's the application that's the big issue. And really, it isn't the makeup, it's the lighting which doesn't do anyone on the show any favors.

But with Crystal Chappell, the movement you see in her face, in person, is not evident on television. On television her face is immobile and puffy. In still images, it's even worse. If her eyebrows weren't giving her the 'bat' look she'd pull it off.

Unfortunately, she doesn't.

• Members

Oh, i have NO doubt she has a lot of botox up in there. I think when i met her this last time, about a month ago, it was at the end of a session/before another. Thats why her face moved. What we see onscreen now was filmed in about early april, the photo from when i met her was mid july.

But i am taling more in general. Nadia, Alison, Ari, Lindsay all look much better in person. Even people like Molly, Shelley and yes the guys from Mark Hapka to Peter Reckell look so much better in person than on TV. and i just dont get it, because everyone else looks better on TV from other soaps, lol. Suzanne Rogers and John Aniston odly enough look the same in person as on tv, actually Suzanne looks better in person

Speaking of looking fantastic... Judi Evans has GOT IT GOIN ON! Damn girl. Damn. Leann Hunley is another.

• Members

She looks far, far, far, better in that picture than anything else I've seen. She looks thinner and younger in that photo too. And I am 100% convinced it's the lighting, hair and wardrobe on the show.

DAYS takes a beautiful actor/actress and makes them look like a hag or a drag queen.

A lot of people look their best right before their Botox 'top up' because there faces gain some movement. It doesn't surprise me at all that the actors look better in person, DAYS slaughters its actors, looks wise. Lauren Koslow looks so 'made up' on the show (and in my opinion looks pretty good in comparison to others) but in person has glowy, smooth, fabulous skin.

The camera definitely adds ten pounds regardless of the show...but on DAYS, the camera adds 10 pounds, 5 years and subtracts a few nights' sleep from their actors faces.

And yes, Judi Evans is looking GREAT.

Leann has such an easy elegance to her, she's just a beautiful woman be she in a ball gown or a paper bag.

• Members

I forgot to mention the not so subtle product placement with Nature Valley's trailmix that was used with Sami and Allie last week. My goodness, could they be anymore obvious? That was even worse than the mess Ive seen ABC pull and they've been very bad with that

Archived